Wednesday, January 24, 2007


Yesterday was Kendall Massey's birthday. Happy birthday, Kendall (or "Kyaan", as he was affectionately known). I have had this picture sitting on a bookshelf in my office for years. It always makes me smile when I see it. These are the hosts and hostesses of ACU Sing Song 1995--the year I directed them. (you think that makes me sound old?? Well, Stephen, Val, and I were hosts in 1991. Yes...we are ancient.) That still goes down as one of the all time most hilarious and enjoyable directing jobs (well, with a few exceptions).

Pictured here are Rob Thomas (Igniter Media), Emily Trice Macht (now inn Denver), Kendall Massey (who has so brilliantly produced and directed ACU Sing Song for the last few years), Amy Shepherd Moreland (now in Houston), Lea Brown (here in Nashville and sings with us), and Jason McArthur (A&R guy at Sony/BMG/Reunion/Provident records and sings with us too). I think I laughed more in those 2 or 3 months than I ever have. They were such a pleasure to work with. We've all stayed in touch and remained close friends. This pic made me laugh on so many different levels and we had a blast yesterday analyzing the dated appearance and Jason's awesome pre-music business clothing.

Sheryl and I are trying to get stuff packed and ready to leave for California. Please keep all of ZOE in your prayers as we head out there this week. I'm excited to see what God will do!

No comments: