Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy birthday today to my long time best buddy and brother--Stephen (pictured here with my kids). I think he's like 40 something. Right Stevo? OK--only kidding. I know, you're younger than me...but only by a month and a half. I am thankful for who you are. I am thankful for the years of laughter and brotherhood we have shared. I am thankful that God has allowed you to see your dreams of a wonderful wife and beautiful children come true. And I am thankful that He gave me a friend who could understand my craziest moments. How MANY times have I thought... if Stephen were only here to see or hear this! We've experienced a lot of life together, friend. I wouldn't be the same without your influence over the last 18 years. You are one of my favorite gifts from God. May God bless you in 2007 and give you discernment and wisdom in all things.

We took down our Christmas decorations last night...one of those torturous but necessary post-Christmas activities. But...guess who's still up on the ledge?? Yep...those snowmen. My friend Matt had a good idea. He suggested that instead of having to crawl up the ladder and take it all down we could make a fun game out of it by throwing things at them and catching them when they fall. HA! (no snowmen were harmed in the making of this blog.)

Tomorrow we are celebrating Ella's birthday. It's the first year that we had to give her a set limit on how many to invite, so it's a small party. But, yet again, Sheryl's brilliance shines through in party ideas. I'll wait and share more on that this weekend with some pictures from the actual event.

Happy Friday, everyone!

1 comment:

Stephen Bailey said...

Thanks Bro! I've had a good day. Saw "Dreamgirls" with Steph. Oh my! You weren't kidding about Jennifer Hudson! My jaw dropped more than once. I kept trying to open up the back of my throat to help her get to the next note. Needless to say, she did not need my help. WOW!

Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks. Party hardy with Ella!