Wednesday, July 19, 2006

We just returned from Mexico. What an amazing 4 days we had! Otter Creek gave us a 10yr anniversary gift last fall and we've been saving it until summer so that we would have child care. (Kiki teaches) So, with all the confidence in the world, we left the kids in the capable hands of "Aunt Kiki" and took off on the child-less vacation we've been anticipating for months. (How much do we LOVE Kiki??!!) We weren't able to go during my leave of absence for several reasons...school wasn't out and Kim couldn't keep the kids, we hadn't found the right deal, and that time was not supposed to be "vacation". So, away we went on the first child-less vacation in several years. What amazing timing!

We stayed at the Riu Palace Las Americas in Cancun. It is absolutely amazing! We had such a great time together laughing, relaxing, re-connecting. We even made some new friends, Michael and Monica from Ft. Worth.

I know that some people think all we do is travel and have a constant vacation. Excuse me while I catch my breath from laughing. Even at the airport someone who knew us quipped, "You guys are always on vacation somewhere!" Not true. While we do travel, it's usually business and we haven't had time like this together since 2003. But, after saving and watching for deals, I can honestly say it was worth the wait!

Here are some pictures of our time away.


one if the "infinity" pools.


BST and Sheryl


Our new buddies, Michael and Monica


BST and Sheryl in the lobby


the view from our room

6 comments:

Beaner said...

Wow!!! That looks awesome! Dwight & I are supposed to be going on a cruise sometime in the next year or so - it DOES take quite some time to plan it all - esp. with kids!!!

Anyway, I was visiting Amy W.' blog & she said ZOE was busy recording & you wouldn't be leading. Are you singing at all on this album? (or I should say 'CD' - I'm showing my age!) What about Sheryl? can you tell us ANY info on the newest ZOE material??? Some of us are hungering out here!!

Brian said...

I hate it that you feel like you have to apologize or explain away your vacation. I say if people think you are always on vacation, then screw ‘em, let them think it.
I think you should even come up with some kind of response that goes something like “Yep, sucks to be you! You should have become a minister and you can always be on vacation too”. Then walk off laughing, or better yet, cackling!
Glad you had a good time, looks beautiful there.

Stacey said...

Sounds (and looks) like you guys had a great time, BST. Blessings as you ease back into "real life". And boo on the "always think your on vacation" people. I mean, seriously people...?

julie said...

Brandon, Ann and I stayed at the Riu Playacar and they were building the Palace. They kept talking about how beautiful it was going to be. It is a beautiful relaxing place. So glad that you had fun and were able to be together...alone.

Kelley said...

Congrads on a deserved time together. It's one of the best things you can do for your kids.....
leave them for some alone time with their other parent!!!!!

Mae said...

I LOVE Riu Palace! We stayed there a couple of years ago on a "business trip" and it was wonderful. How fantastic that you have such a great support system.