Friday, July 07, 2006

One of the greatest things of having kids is hearing them talk to each other. They have these all out hilarious conversations that just kill me. Here are some recent gems...

Maddie was coughing (half of our house has summer colds--yuck!) and not covering her mouth while we were eating dinner. Ella, in her most bossy tone said, "Maddie! You HAVE to cover your MOUTH! Germs fly through the air and they land on my food. I don't like that cause it doesn't taste very good!"

This morning the girls got in my car so I could take them to my mom's for their "Friday at Nonnie's". Maddie got in and said, "Daddy, I'm THIIIIRSTY!" Ella looked at her and in a funny voice said, "Well, HELLOOOO, THIIIIIIRSTY!!"

On our way to my mom's house I overheard the girls discussing what we call "bathroom words" (translated: poop, pee-pee, bottom, and that's about it). Ella was talking about them and Maddie was trying to convince her that those words are ok to say as long as you're "in the bathroom" since they're bathroom words and all. Ella said, "No! We are NOT SUPPOSED TO SAY THEM!" Maddie told her that we just have to say them in "privacy". Ella continued to argue her point until Maddie looked at her and said, "I have an idea, let's stop talking."

These things are cute because there's no teenage attitude or angst! Given a different tone or inflection they might be completely UN-funny. But, it's one of the highlights of my day listening to them try and work things out with each other in their pre-school way. These are the days...!

Have a great Friday!

1 comment:

julie said...

Brandon, your girls crack me up. I sometimes wish I could use Maddie's comment with people...I have an idea, let's stop talking.