Thursday, July 27, 2006

Updates…

* ZOE is almost done recording. It’s sounding great! I’m going in tonight to record “Offering”. Randy Gill is producing this year. He’s done a fantastic job. Peter is doing an awesome job singing the worship leader part. I’m only making a small little appearance singing this song. I’m also playing Mr. Mom at home while Sheryl records. I've got stories!!

* The record I've been working on with TJ is done as of today. YEA! We are all really pleased with the end result. I’m astounded at God’s provision through this project. It was sort of a spirit-filled version of Pandora’s Box! None of us knew when we started this how much fun it would be and how much we’d feel the hand of God.

* Tomatoes are GOOOOD! I’m finally seeing a result to my OCD in nurturing my tomato plants. We’re having lots of dishes involving tomatoes these days.

* Our friends, Hainey and Greg came through. THEY’RE ENGAGED! We’re so happy for them.

* There’s been a new, refreshing feeling at Otter Creek. Some great things happening behind the scenes and a renewed sense of filling there. That’s a praise GOD!

* Ella was making up a song the other day in the playroom...a rather disturbing little ditty. "Someday I'll diiiie. I’m really gonna die. Someday I'll die. But I think I’m gonna play first. I’m gonna play with some toys. And someday I'll die." Um, maybe we'll put that on our next kids’ record and call it, "Sobering Truths For Very Small Kids". Wow.

* As I mentioned, I’m playing Mr. Mom at night while Sheryl’s recording with ZOE. Anyone who even half-way thinks that stay-at-home-moms don’t have the hardest job is a lunatic. It’s rewarding, sure! But, this is why the commercial that said "Calgon, take me away!!" was so successful! I was supposed to give baths night before last. The kids were all outside and jumping on the trampoline. I just decided to run upstairs and get the soap and shampoo and did the good ol' backwoods dad trick. I hosed 'em down, baby. Right there in the back yard. Oh yeah!

Have a great week, everyone!

7 comments:

Christy said...

That is such a dad thing to do!! But you know the kids loved it:) Thanks for being such a good friend and keep the prayers coming.

Kelley said...

Daddys are scary creatures. Even really good Daddys.
If you have never watched it, rent Bill Cosbys stand up routine, "Fatherhood". Hilarious!

JBlogger said...

"* ZOE is almost done recording."

You just made me day, thanks.

Rick J said...

Virginia once threatened to take a hose to me after a long hot run. Come to think of it... I don't remember an offer of shampoo...

Tim Castle said...

You don't have to tell ME about the stay-at-home parent thing. I've been doing it for 5 years!

All I can say is that I can't WAIT for school to start again, and thank God for my mother-in-law's babysitting services!

julie said...

Brandon, this post today has brought tears of joy and some laughter too. Hainey is engaged. I loved getting to know her last year while we slumber-partied at your mom's house and we did hear an awful lot about Greg. Hainey is so much fun.
I love the bath story...hey, at least they were clean when you were done.

C D said...

I've been reading your blog for awhile and laugh, cry and generally feel better about life after reading!! I'm gonna have to get this recording you're almost done with! I'm posting a comment today because I would love for you to pass on a big hug and hello to Randy Gill -- I'm a Pepperdine Grad and he & Lajuanna were very very special to me while I was there. And I still miss them :-) Carrie (Young) now Hall, in Arizona.