Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Tonight is the annual "Parade of Bible Characters" at Otter Creek. It's one of the most enjoyable events of the year. The place is packed out and we'll have over 100 kids with clues in hand ready to stump the congregation. The frightening thing for me as M.C. is always trying to remember kids' names. They're supposed to have their names on the back of their clues, but typically only about 30% of them do. I end up doing what my mom used to do with her Kojies when she was a sponsor--lots of "Hey cutie" and stuff like that. Hopefully, I'll not call anyone by the wrong name. But what's worse is when they don't write the answer to their clues on the paper and they stump me too. It's embarrassing having to ask a 2 year old which Bible character she's playing.

I remember several years ago we were desperate for an idea and Maddie and Mack Young went as chickens. Bible character? Why yes. It's all in the clues, baby. All in the clues.

No comments: