Saturday, October 01, 2005

Everyone seems to be feleing much better this morning. Thank you for your prayers! Thank you to Lauren for her help last night, and THANK YOU to Julie Woodroof for the amazing dinner. We are thankful for your prayers.

John Chisum and I are teaching the Worship Ministers' advanced track next week. Chiz is taking the first and last session and I'll teach the middle one. For a complete track listing of Saturday's sessions, click here. Chiz has some great material on transformational worship leading. My class is titled, Radical Worship Ministry (asking the holy "So What?"). Part of my class will be talking about some presuppositions we bring to worship or worship ministry. For instance, one of the most common is that worship is about us and what we want. And while people might not admit that, the way we approach it sometimes suggests that we're operating under that presupposition.

What are some others? What have some of you worship leaders experienced out there?

The rest of my class will be about some important elements that can be Kingdom building in worship ministry...things like confession, collaboration, communication, celebration, creativity, and conviction. ("that's a lot of alliteration for anxious anchors in powerful positions." Name that movie!) There's a popular saying right now--"Keepin' it real!" I think many of our churches and ministries would do well to adopt that as our mantra. I know I need to be better about that.

Movie Night tonight--maybe I can finally get the voice of Glenda the good witch out of my head. Anyone out there in Nashville have "The Apple Dumplin Gang"? Wanna do a loaner??

3 comments:

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Now, THAT'S what I'm talking about. You beat Stephen Bailey to the punch. That's one of our favorite lines to quote. Miss you, Karen. Hug your fam for us.

Stephen Bailey said...

It's Saturday afternoon, 1:45. I'm just turning on my computer. Nice going on the "Broadcat News" answer Karen! And nice to hear from you Blog Rankers.

Matt Elliott said...

I can't wait to meet John Chisum.

This is not spam.

This, however, IS spam.