Saturday, October 29, 2005

Today was awesome--more on that tomorrow with pictures. The perfect fall day!
Here's a near word for word transcript of my bed time conversation with Maddie and Ella:

Daddy: Girls, tomorrow morning we go to worship! Do you know why we go?

Maddie: Because Jesus is Love!

Daddy: RIGHT, Maddie! Wow--that's so cool!

Ella: Mommy says I can't have any peanut butter.

Daddy: I know, Ella. Girls, did you know that God is always with us? When you're afraid you can talk out loud to Him and say, "God, please be with me!"

Maddie: Do you remember when Baby Sam was in Mommy's tummy and I would sing "Twinkle Twinkle" to him?

Daddy: Yes!

Ella: I love Sissy.

Daddy: Me too!

Maddie: Daddy, you know when I said that about 'Jesus is love'...I was just thinking about it and said it.

Daddy: That's good, Maddie. Did you know that the Holy Spirit is God's presence in us and He helps us think about those types of things?

Ella: oooooohhhh--eeeeeeee!!! I love the Holy Spirit!!! (in this weird voice--loopy because it's bedtime)

Maddie: Sometime I want to be the Holy Spirit for Halloween.

Daddy: Let's pray.

Night-night, everyone!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

That totally cracks me up! I'm amazed at the conversations I have with Carter sometimes. So random! My first time to post on your blog....but I read it all the time. Thanks for all the funny stories! And, let me know what Sheryl comes up with for that Holy Spirit halloween costume! Ha, ha!