Friday, August 19, 2005


We're getting geared up for an exciting week next week at Otter. Donald Miller, author of Blue Like Jazz and other books, will be here Monday night. It's been sold out for a couple of weeks, but there are tickets that have come available. Seems as soon as they do, they're snatched up again. I talked with Phil Keaggy by phone yesterday working on some details for his performance here Wednesday night. He was also looking for tickets and some came available right after I talked to him. SO---all that to say, if you're interested in coming and don't have a ticket, call the office and we'll put you on a waiting list.

I am really excited to hear him speak. I know he's not the best speaker in the world, but he always seems to talk about things that we could never talk about otherwise. He stirs things up in a good way. I love that quality in people. Shocking, huh?

Phil Keaggy will be here next Wednesday. He'll be playing for about an hour. If you're in Nashville--or near--come be our guest that night. Doors open at 6:30 and the concert starts at 7pm.

I leave in the morning for Houston. It's going to be a very fast trip, but I'm looking forward to seeing family and friends. I pray that my time with the folks at Bammel will go well and that I can be of help to them in some way. Andrew--are you interested in that job??

Here's the deal on Sheryl...looks like her kidney is functioning at about 15%. (and her other one at 85%) The doctor said that if she were 55 he'd recommend it coming out, but since she is young, he thinks we should go the other route and split the urator so that it can function with what little is left. We like that option--especially since the surgery can be accomplished laproscopically. It's less invasive and definitely a shorter recovery. Thank you for continuing to pray for her.

I spent all day yesterday moving my office UPSTAIRS. It was ridiculous. Tim, Rubio and Scott conveniently took the day off. They can smell manual labor. HA! Doug Sanders and I are sharing an office until we can get to the new property. We'll move in those offices sometime this fall--Lord willing! Today I'm sore and trying to get adjusted to sharing an office. It's like living alone for 10 years and all of a sudden having a roommate. It's a good thing I like him! :)

Have a great and fun weekend. May the Lord watch over and protect you. May He make His face to shine upon you and give you peace. And as He blesses you with peace, may that spill out on everyone you encounter. Be a light!

9 comments:

Stephen Bailey said...

What a great week you have ahead! I wish I could be there. Good luck with the temporary office situation and the new roomie. Do I need to talk to Doug and make sure he doesn't make weird noises when he sleeps? I'm sure Fish could teach him the good-night dance.
It's good to know what's going on with Sheryl. We'll keep praying.

Katie said...

Will Monday night with Donald Miller be recorded?? I would LOVE to hear it! If only Nashville weren't an 11 hour drive... :)

Drew Battistelli said...

Yes, I think. I have sent them my resume, you should check it out while you are there. haha!

Wow! I can't believe I made BSTs xanga, don't I feel special.

Anonymous said...

Prayers for my kidney in general will be fine! Sorry for the gruesome details.

Unknown said...

in line with what Bailey said......do I need to contact your office roomate to tell him some other peculiar BST habits?

Val said...

I think you may be one of the few people I know who has gone through a move without me. I'll fix that by helping you move to Texas. Whaddya say?

I want to see Fish do the "Goodnight Dance."

Count on prayers for Sheryl from our house.

Unknown said...

Val, you really need to see the good night dance........

Anonymous said...

You can count on Showers of Prayer from the metroplex, too. Glad to hear that God has already worked to make the simpler surgery the right choice.

Gene H

Anonymous said...

Hello. I just wanted to give a quick greeting and tell you I enjoyed reading your material.