Tuesday, August 16, 2005


Sam was posing for the camera on Sunday. He's doing so well! Sam came to work with me this morning as Sheryl went to have her kidney tested. He's really so much fun. I love that he is recognizing me now and giving me huge smiles.


Maddie, Ella and Daddy. Maddie likes to get all dressed up for life group. Sunday night she chose her Swan Lake Barbie dress with her Tinker Bell hair things as bracelets. Also--there's our dear Bear in the background. Bear is about to celebrate her 7th birthday. She was our very first child!


Here is one of those smiles that brightens my day! I found a baby picture of me when I was close to his age. FRIGHTENING. I'll have to post it soon. We look identical. Poor guy.

Yesterday we had a day at the doctor. We decided to get it all over with at once--so we have a "well" visit for all three children...shots, eye exam, general check out. Wow. What a morning. Everyone was so brave getting their shots.

I am working this week on several things that are immediately coming. I leave this weekend for Houston. I'll be leading worship at Bammel Road on Sunday and then meeting with their worship minister search committee to help them narrow their focus in what they are looking for. That night I fly in just in time to lead Celebration at OC--the big back-to-school bash. Then--the next night, August 22, Donald Miller is here. So I'll be rehearsing with the band and helping Scott set up on Monday. Lots going on in the next few days. Did I also mention that I am packing up 10 years worth of junk in order to move my office? Our entire office space downstairs is becoming nursery space. We desperately need it! We are averaging 40 new births a year. It's a zoo! So I have to be out by this Friday--on top of everything else. Anyone want to help me move??

One last story for ya. All parents can relate to the whole spelling things in front of children. We do it all the time. The other day Sheryl was talking on the phone to her mom about her brother's prognosis and the seemingly lack of common sense shown on the part of his doctor. Sheryl was frustrated and said, "Mom, I just feel like he is such an i-d-o-t!" Kiki and I were sitting in the same room and we immediately dropped to the floor laughing. It was just one of those moments that seemed so funny in the moment. I looked at Kiki and said, "Yeah, he is so d-u-m!" in my best valley girl voice. Of all the things you don't want to misspell--idiot. Love it. So now, we love to say "idot".

I know I can be such an "idot" at times. Bless. Thank the Lord that He loves me when I'm making wise choices and also when I am making dumb choices. Where would I be without His unconditional love??

7 comments:

Beaner said...

Sorry, but this comment has nothing to do with your post, but rather with something you dearly love. Our town is getting a Stone Cold Creamery (or is it Cold Stone?) within WALKING distance to my home. I have never had this ice cream before, but I've heard you talk about it. So....tell me more about the flavors that I HAVE to try!

Fajita said...

There's nothing like packing up 10 years of anything, not to mention a decade of work history.

OC is certainly not the same as it was in the mid 1990's, I am sure.

Looking forward to the Zoe Conference - not that you need to be thinking about that this very moment.

Donna G said...

Sam is truly a "mini-me" of you. I don't even have to see your baby pix to see that!!

Precious children.

Phil said...

[Homer]I am so smart. I am so smart. S-M-R-T, I mean, S-M-A-R-T.[/Homer]

christine pinson said...

we always laught at a story about my brother's football coach coming down into the locker room from his office and telling them to be quiet...before he left, he yelled..."And turn that radio
O-F!", slammed the door...a few seconds later opened the door..."F!", kind of kills the moment of authority and anger when you can't even spell the word OFF!
matt and baby jack and I will be there for ZOE conference...we are really looking forward to it...well, i think matt is mostly looking forward to hanging out with TJ and Baja Burrito...but OF COURSE, excited about the conference too!

Chris said...

Okay - running joke at my DH's job - one particular fire officer gets REALLY excited at fire scenes. He was at a scene with downed power lines and got on the radio to headquarters, requesting a call to the power company - "and tell'em we need'em here ASPA"

For the love!

Malia said...

I always feel like I'm in a spelling bee when I'm trying to spell things out instead of saying them aloud in front of the children! I'm not the world's best speller and I'm sure my husband probably has similiar stories about my lack of abilities. What's really scary is when they figure out what you are spelling. It shocked me one night when David said, "Isn't time for B-A-T-H?" and Julia replies, "But I don't want to take a bath!"