Friday, November 05, 2004

Last night we went to P.F. Chang's with Steve and Karen Speake. The Speakes don't have kids and love our kids. They have been like older siblings to us over the last 6 years. One of the best memories we have together is our trip to NYC back in 2000. They are really a hoot.

Last night at Chang's, we wisely requested a booth. We've learned that in a booth we can at least attempt to corral the kids. It cracks me up now when younger people encounter us in places like restaurants or airplanes. It's the familiar deer-in-the-headlights-look that is far, far more effective than even teaching abstinence. Both of our servers last night had that look. It's the wide-eyed, I'm never having children, someone please save me look. And--I think our kids are pretty well behaved in public. (You see, I know that look quite well because for 30+ years, I had that same look!) Of course there was the whole incidence with Maddie throwing the plate on the floor and it breaking into a million pieces. But that's another story.

We got home and had the talk every couple loves to hate about money and finances. What a year we're staring into! I can't go into all of it here, but there are some major expenses coming our way--not to mention trying to pledge money to the building campaign.

Speaking of--my trip out to the World Outreach Church this week really got me pumped about some possibilities for our new building. Check out that page if you get a chance. The architect and interior designer both go to Otter Creek and our building will be similar. They have three different places of worship--3 different services going on at the same time. All live worship stuff and the sermon is basically broadcast in from the main sanctuary. One of the rooms has a 45 ft--yes, FOOT, long screen. It was amazing.

I am having lunch with my brother, Randy Gill, today. I love that guy. I am so glad we're both in Nashville. We don't take advantage of our proximity as much as we ought to.

Please keep praying for Jeff. He's in a regular room and is in a lot of pain. He had a slight fever yesterday, but that's not that abnormal. There's a chance that pathology might come back today.

Father, please be with Jeff today--HEAL HIM! Surround Carol and Jeff with your loving care and give them peace. We ask you in the name of Jesus to eradicate any cancer from his body. May Your name be praised through this. We all agree together in this prayer as siblings bound by tyhe blood of your Son.

No comments: