Friday, November 12, 2004

I found that picture I was writing about yesterday. Sorry--just had to post it. It still cracks me up.



Last night was very enjoyable. We went with the Woodroofs to Basantes. I could eat there every day if I was a millionaire. Man! Great food and even better fellowship. It had been a very long time since we had been with them in that kind of setting.

This morning was my morning to get up with the girls (we switch off every other day). As much as I love to sleep--I've gotten to where I look forward to those days. This morning Ella was so snuggly. Those are moments daddies live for. Maddie and Ella both were in such playful, funny moods. I really love who God has made them to be.

No word from Jeff Johnson who is presently in Hollywood doing American Idol. They narrowed down to 90 yesterday. By the end of the weekend, it will be on to the finals. Jeff called Monday to say he was there and about to begin. Nothing since.

Lea Brown came over last night to watch the girls. She is really such a member of our family. Our friendship spans a decade and we've had a lot of fun together. Sheryl and Lea enjoy each other and are great friends. Lea was a Sing Song Host at ACU back in 1995 when I was working for ACU directing Sing Song and the traveling singing groups. Since then we all ended up in Nashville and Lea has sung with ZOE and been a leader in our praise team ministry. History with friends is such a neat thing.

I listened to NPR this morning on the way in. I like NPR sometimes. Sometimes it just bugs me. This morning it was bugging me. I love that sketch on Saturday Night Live where they have the NPR type hosts talking really low and serious. That's what it was like this morning...except they were whining about something to do with computers all in that tone. Give me a little TJ McCloud instead.

I know I mentioned TJ's new record being released--I am telling you, it's my very favorite. Maddie won't even listen to kids praise anymore. She wants TJ! I think it will be my Christmas gift to people this year. It's the only thing I'm listening to right now (besides the music from Sanders Family Christmas that I am desperately trying to memorize). If you're interested in getting a copy, let me know. It's Bebo Norman and even better.

Lord, thank you for the joy of being a father. It is one of the most amazing blessings you've given me. Thank you for the warmth of home and family. Thank you for showing me how to be a dad through my dad and other great men like Ronnie, Harold, Kirk and others. Thank you for blessings TJ's ministry. Keep him safe on the road and be with Holly as he's away. Help us to surround her with love and support. Lord, be with my eyes today--guard them from things not of you. Be with my heart today, protect it and make it more sensitive to your Spirit. Be with my pride today. Open me up to more of your servant heart. Help me to get over myself and have more of a heart for the lost.

3 comments:

CL said...

Brandon,

Loving that creamed corn...I have to admit that the best part of my day is being with Hayden when she wakes up in the morning, even though like you I love to sleep, Hayden and I share such a special time in the mornings. OK, OK, very creamy...God bless!

julie said...

hey Brandon,
Is that the same TJ McCloud who we know? Mom is Shirley and Dad is Mike...lived in VA as a little kid. If it is the same one...boy, do I have some stories for you. Our boys played with him at camp. I am telling you, these are funny stories.
grace, Julie

Anonymous said...

BST,
Glad to see you embracing the past and the pictures there-of...I try to run from some of my pics of the old days. :)

Just thought I would say that even after all this time, that tape is still blessing folks. My wife and I have that Take 1 tape as well as many others loaded in our Durrango for play. As long as the tape holds out, it will make its way around our round-robbin playlist.

Oh...and we have thrown in some Zoe too! :)

Be Blessed!
Russell Heil