Friday, December 08, 2006

Yesterday was long. No two ways around it. (crashing cars is so fun) The best part of the day was that I got to spend time with people I love and enjoy. Randy Goodman took me to lunch and that brightened my day. We talked and caught up. His record label has enjoyed quite a successful year. He is President of Lyric Street Records...which is the home of Rascal Flatts. The Flatts' record was the 2nd best selling record of all genres last year...only beaten by the soundtrack to "High School Musical" if you can believe it. They have had a wonderful year.

OK...so today, I am officially exhausted. Doing a 3 hour rehearsal and giving the energy it takes to make it happen and then spending another 2 or 3 hours with sets... took me from a long day to a longer night. But, enough whining from me. It's part of the world I love. In this world people come together and spend lots of time investing and preparing for a show and meanwhile what always happens is you build friendships and community. It's such a cool blessing!

We did a full run-through last night off book. It went really well. Afterwards, a big group worked on sets. I am so appreciative of those who are volunteering their time and talents to this.

This morning I met with the lighting company--turns out the circuits we need to light the inside of the set may not be available. Time to get creative. Today I pick up costumes, the piano is delivered, the banner goes up outside, and I get to have a date with my wife tonight.

Here are some pics from last night. As you can see, the set is slowly progressing!


Janelle Arnold isn't afraid to throw in a little elbow grease! But...she is afraid of haunted church buildings at night. Shhhhh!!


John Sandella adds strength and comedy to the evening.


Brandon Wood and Josh Henderson work hard. How many of us have seen this look from Joshua? Ha!


Katey Earles (she's our assistant director), Kevin Penna, and Travis Arnold. Travis is our set designer and head of construction.


lookin good!


The big flower pot on stage is actually going to be the bell in the bell tower (upside down and painted silver!) The bell tower is yet to be constructed...along with the walls and windows on either side of the stage. It's looking great!! Thanks to EVERYONE!

No comments: