Thursday, December 07, 2006

It's been a week of late nights between rehearsals and set work, etc. The show is coming together nicely. It's been fun to be back with everyone.

Here are some pictures so you can see the progress along the way...


View from stage right...


Here you can see the center part...the roof goes on tonight, Lord willing. The bell tower will be finished soon. The side flats on stage right and stage left will be the last to go up.


Thanks to the great work of people like Cory and Elizabeth Davis, the lobbies are ready to go! Everything looks great! Now we just have to finish the set and we'll be ready.

Taking Ella to school this morning, I rear-ended a nice woman who didn't speak much English. It was quite the experience...complete with fire trucks, police cars, and eventually an ambulance. My car is not drivable. Her car was barely touched. The light shining on one side of the license plate was busted and that was it. I think some part of my grill was thrown into my radiator which caused my car to freak out...of course.

Thanks to the Williamsons, I have a car to drive. It was really a morning of good Samaritan stoppings. Before Sheryl could get there, Jonna Moosher stopped and picked up Ella and took her on to school. Gary Musick, who lives in the neighborhood stopped and offered assistance and a ride, Kristen Brown, Lisa Owings and others stopped to offer help too. The policemen and EMTs were all so nice. The woman in the other car was fine (according to the policeman, firemen and EMTs). And of course, my observant child, Ella's comment about the entire experience was, "What just happened?" (I wanted to say...go on and adopt that question into your repertoire...as a Thomas, you'll need it!)

More rehearsal tonight. Everyone's doing well being off book! YEA!

1 comment:

Malia said...

Our building is haunted?

Oh yeah, that Holy Spirit...I get it.