Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I just want to take a minute to say how much I love and appreciate men and women like Mike Cope, Lee Camp, Sally Gary, Rick Atchley, Randy Harris, Max Lucado, Lynn Anderson and others who come from our little tribe who push us to consider the bigger broader Kingdom of God. Many of these folks are coming under great scrutiny right now for doing just that. Keep pushing us to Jesus. Keep saying things that make us question. Keep praying. Keep seeking.

I also want to say how much I appreciate others like Donald Miller, Brian McLaren, Bono, Anne Lamott, George Barna, Dan Kimball and others who do the same thing in larger ponds. I don't always agree. But I am a different person because of their questions and seeking. Keep questioning! Keep challenging!!

If God is who He says He is...he can handle the seeking, the running. If He is who He says He is...He will be constant. If He is the Maker of Heaven and Earth, I figure His Kingdom is strong enough to withstand the divisions and ridiculous arguments "Kingdom people" enter into. I'm counting on it, because, frankly, the bickering is exhausting. I'm just so glad He is Lord of All. And He is...Lord of ALL!

7 comments:

paul said...

Amen! Amen! Amen! Praise the Lord!

Amy S. Grant said...

Here's another Amen comin your way. Great post...even though sometimes I think my mind is going to explode when I try to wrap it around some of their thoughts. I see them as our present day Great Cloud of Witnesses. And your leadership with Zoe is on up there in my book! Keep showing us how to worship.

Royce Ogle said...

One more Amen!

Grace and Peace,
Royce Ogle

Drew Battistelli said...

Brandon,

Thanks for what you do! You deserve to be on the list, just as they do. You're such a blessing to the Kingdom.

MichaelPolutta said...

Oh yeah! My God is so much bigger than our silly arguments. It hurts my heart to think of how much time and energy we (including me!) waste on exactly the same thing we deride politicians for - partisan bickering.

Lord, please grant us the wisdom, vision, and drive to rise above Satan's tactics to waste our lives, that we might actually live to Your Glory.

Kelley said...

Could we have a snowman update Bro. Brandon? Hmmmmmmm........

Sam Middlebrook said...

Well said, brother.