Wednesday, December 13, 2006

"What a glorious night! The Savior of the world is born...and we're makin' him feel welcome."

Just a little Pastor Oglethorp there for ya (Sanders Family Christmas). Ol' Mervin. He's a right nutty little character. I've enjoyed playing him again. He's sort of a Don Knotts meets Robert Tilton. Now, THAT'S frightening.

Tonight we rehearse again with costumes, mics, and band. However, since it's Wednesday, we can't begin til Vespers ends. It will most likely be a late night. Mountain Dew anyone?

2 more days until the show opens! YEA! I have heard of a lot of folks coming in from out of town. That's exciting! We also have a couple of bus loads of people coming Friday night. I hope all of you within commuting distance of Brentwood can make it for the show one night this weekend. We'd love to have you!

As Mervin says at the close of the show...
"For the rest of y'all...we'll be seein' you bright and early in the morning! Now, don't forget to wear your good socks...we're havin' a FOOT WASHIN!"

2 comments:

Generous Kitchen said...

I wish I were close enough to come see it. I would love to see you in goofy character mode...however, would that differ much from what I normally see from you?

Blessings! Hope your show is wonderful and fun for you all!

CL said...

If he's a bit like Robert Tilton, does that mean you'll do a lil "Farting Preacher" during the show. Now I'd pay to see that. Bless you and yours!