Monday, December 18, 2006

Well, the cast and crew of "Sanders Family Christmas" are breathing a huge sigh of relief and satisfaction today. The show closed last night with another great audience. It was bitter-sweet in lots of ways for us. We were all ready for a break, but we are all sad to say goodbye to these characters.

Thank you to everyone who worked so hard to make this show a success! I am so amazed and speechless when I consider how many incredibly talented people God has put around me. I had so much fun working on this show. I'll miss you, ol' "Mervin".

Here are some pictures from last night...


Sonya (Mrs. Sanders) poses in the green room before the show with Becky, our lovely costumer.


The quirky and lovable Sanders Family and Pastor Oglethorp.


our most wonderful musicians!


The entire cast with Eve, our wonderful director and Katey, our lovely assistant director.

As Amanda Vickers (Denise Sanders) kept telling me, "Things come in THREEs". (car wreck in my car, hit and run on a car I was borrowing...) Last night I got #3 on the way home. We had a 2 hour set strike--really amazing it only took 2 hours even though we didn't get everything loaded. I headed home about midnight--completely exhausted. I kept wondering why the van (my SECOND borrowed car now) was making rumbling noises. The gas gauge didn't say "E" yet...well, apparently it doesn't have to. I sat in my car, at midnight, having run out of gas and just laughing. Thankfully, Katey hadn't gotten too far and was able to come rescue me. After 3 gas stations and a Kroger we finally found a gas can and made it back. It was a serious comedy of errors. THANK YOU, KATEY!!!

Today we went to Maddie's school Christmas program. It was adorable! I will post some pictures as soon as I can get them loaded. Tonight is staff Christmas party. I would honestly rather curl up in my little bed and be a hermit, but festivities abound and I can already taste the ham, sweet potatoes, pineapple casserole, squash, and homemade yeast rolls. Yummmmmmm....

3 comments:

Katey said...

I'm not gonna lie, I laughed the whole way home. Seriously, worst luck ever! Glad I answered my phone though. Love you!

k2 said...

sorry we couldn't make it. when will it be on you tube?

k2 said...

when are the encore performances? my wife said she would like to come see it.