Saturday, December 02, 2006

We've been slowly putting up Christmas decorations which might be a sign that my obsessive nature could be subsiding. :) Normally, we get all the stuff out and I can't stop until it's all up and in its place. It's a draining experience. This year we've taken a more laid back approach and I have to admit, it's been more enjoyable. The garland is lit and over the door, the reindeer are glowing out in the front yard, the tree in the living room is up and decorated and the snow village is arranged and lined with all our favorite pieces on the buffet.

This morning we decorated the Santa tree in the den. Over the years I've collected all different kinds of Santa ornaments. Thanks to my mom, Sheryl, and Sheryl's sister, Cindy, I have a fun assortment. There are several cowboy or Texas Santas, a couple of Shaker style Santas, a big Santa dressed like a Tennessee Titan, a guitar playing Santa, and lots more traditional looking Santas. That tree is my favorite...and the girls love it too.

The last chore and most daunting for me will be the trees and snow men that perch on the inside ledge over our front door. I don't fear many things. However, s-n-a-k-e-s and high places make me sweat. If you've been a blog reader for a while, you've heard me talk about climbing up there. It's my yearly exercise in conquering my fear of heights. So far, I haven't made the climb. The poor snowmen are staring at me as if to say--get over yourself and let us take our places for the Christmas season. We'll see, little snow man. We'll see!

2 comments:

Beaner said...

The problem with getting the snowmen up on your ledge (finally) will be that you have to go get them back OFF in a month. (Unless you decide that you can have a snowman staring down at you in the middle of July!!!) Good Luck! I'm with you on the heights thing!!!

Kelley said...

Dear Lord, I ask a special blessing on Brandon. Help him not fall, but if he does Lord, please help him bounce well.

hehehehehe!