Monday, December 04, 2006

The snow men are still in waiting. Did I mention that I fell down the stairs inside our house last Thursday? Yep. Fell right down 'em. I messed up my back, I took a layer or two off my hand in places...rug burn. Yep. You heard me. Rug burn. See? This is why I don't do high places. I just have this knack for falling.

Yesterday was a great day--a LONG day. Tim preached out of Romans 5 12-21 yesterday morning. It was awesome! It was really such a great morning. The praise team was exceptional. We sang "O Come O Come Emanuel" and Eve and David sang solos. It is one of my favorites.

After church we went to my mom's for lunch and then I had rehearsal from 2-5. Rehearsal went well. We're trying to get used to the blocking in the new space...and much larger stage. It's going well though. We have 2 weeks!

I hurried home after rehearsal for our life group. We had a great time together! It's always fun being with them.

After life group I ran back to church to help with set construction. Travis was goin' to town in his safety goggles. We were there til late last night. I was glad to fall into bed when I got home.

I'll leave you with this...Saturday Maddie and Ella were playing with our little cheapo nativity pieces. They played "let's go to Texas" (one of my favorites!!), "Superman Wiseman", "Mary and Joseph take the minivan instead of a donkey" (another very sensible choice), and "Dropping off Baby Jesus at children's worship". Ella was quite distressed about the drop off process because they could not find the children's worship name tags. HA! It was hilarious to hear them be so creative.

Have a great Monday, everyone!

2 comments:

Beaner said...

But when did Baby Jesus' parents pick Him back up after Children's Worship???? (kidding)

Sorry to hear about your back & your hectic pace of life right now - saying a prayer of healing & peace!!!

ginger said...

I have been thinking of you lately as I listen to Christmas songs on the radio and CD, and I want to tell you that as I listen to "Mary did you know", I reflect each time that I have yet to hear it sung as beautifully as you and Brian did it years ago in a Christmas show we did. That was in the beginning stages of our Christmas concerts and we, the "choir" were still sitting in chairs to the left of the stage. ANYWAY, as we rehearsed and you would get to that part, you would simply say, "then Brian and I sing Mary did you know." Finally as we got to the dress rehearsals, you and Brian really did sing the song, and I just wept, it was so beautiful and so poignant!! I don't think I will ever forget the way you two sang it, or the impact it had on me. Everytime I hear it, I think of you. Thank you for sharing your gift with me!!

(PS, I say hire the snowmen done!!)
hugs,
ginger