Wednesday, December 27, 2006


It's out!! The project shipped to stores last week and is now available on the website as well... Family Christian Stores. YEA!!!

Chris and Gail and their kids left today for the long trek back to MN. Bless. I think I would slit my wrists if I had to drive that right now.

Tonight we have a devo with everyone instead of classes...but it should be worth coming to. Doug has some great things planned.

I had some fun last night on ancestry.com. My dad was always into family history and got me interested. My paternal family is fascinating...full of crazies, ministers, politicians, and music people. I LOVE learning about them...and obviously I fit right in!

My mom's family history is somewhat unknown except for one strand which dates back to the earliest beginnings of the restoration movement (pioneer preachers, evangelists, etc). Last night, to my joy, I discovered some lost relatives from another strand and was able to trace them back to 1811. Seeing the original documents from census reports in 1850, death certificates, etc, was so cool! That website is offering a few days of free exploring. You should check it out. I'll report more later as I get it figured out.

Tomorrow it's back to spin class at the gym. I've eaten my weight in hashbrown casserole. It was sooooo good though--and WORTH IT!

2 comments:

Katey said...

I'm coming home tomorrow with a little bit of mesquite smoked goodness!!! I'll call you from the road.

Peggy N Texas said...

Genealogy is so interesting. I have been doing it for over a year now, for my own family and it started for by boss' family. I was hired to do his! Fun job.

Anyway, I would recommend another site where you can get other information and a lot of help. familysearch.org. It is the Latter Day Saints website and they have a really good resource. You might want to check it out!

Beware though! Genealogy is addictive.....but fun. (Of course, I guess most addictive things are fun:) Anyway, enjoy and Merry Christmas ~ Happy New Year and Holy Hunting on Genealogy!