Sunday, November 18, 2007



Friday night we celebrated my birthday at Casa Fiesta. Love me some Casa Fiesta! Thanks to Sheryl and friends for the party and the fun.

I'm sorry I haven't posted in a few days. We've had a lot on our plate. Sheryl's father was in the hospital in Houston (MD Anderson) preparing for cancer surgery and suffered a stroke due to the heart catheter. He should be getting out of ICU today. We're not really sure what this means for the cancer surgery. We've just been praying for recovery for him. Please join us in that prayer. His name is Bob.

Blogging is often therapeutic for me. The blogging community (quite large now at Otter Creek and beyond) has been a source of great encouragement. Thank you all! I know that this brave new world is unfamiliar to some and to others seems a huge waste of time. I find it quite enriching and I am grateful for each of you out there. May God bless the rest of your weekend!

5 comments:

Aggiema (Michelle) said...

I am sorry to hear about Sheryl's Father. We are actually at MD Anderson this week also, dealing with both my parents. My Dad will be having surgery there tomorrow. I will say a prayer for your FIL. Small world isn't it!

julie said...

I remember meeting Sheryl's sweet parents at your house and had such a warm conversation with both of them. I will pray for Sheryl's dad...

Sam Middlebrook said...

Bro - praying for your father-in-law, and thanking God for some of the best surgeons in the world that gather to work every day at MD Anderson.

Christy said...

Let Sheryl know we are praying too.

Glad you had a fun birthday...we love you:)

Stephen Bailey said...

I'm glad to see that Ella and Sam are sharing that margarita. A whole one would probably be too much;)

Have a safe holiday! You know we're in prayer about Sheryl's dad.