Wednesday, October 04, 2006

What day is it? Where am I? Is the conference really here?? These pressing questions and more are taking over my brain.

Actually, had some great time with Dave Durham this morning. God is good in the way He crosses paths. Dave, Gary Pigg and I are all singing in this deal at the Schermerhorn next week. It's been fun to talk about our mutual and dear friend, Kirk Nofsinger. Is Kirk like the Kevin Bacon of the ACU world?

Some very nice person left a card and a sweet gift for Sheryl and me at the office in memory of Sheryl's brother, David. The card was signed, "A Friend". Thank you, "friend", whoever you are!

Even as I write, many are flying or driving in. It's been fun to talk to people as they are boarding planes or driving from Florida, or wherever. I am excited to see lots of old friends. We're praying that God will bring everyone here safely!

Today I was really ministered to by the Word. There are some days (sometimes far between) when the Spirit just hits me hard. Today was one of those. I've been living in Colossians 3 and Romans. Today the passages in Colossians 3, Romans 1:16, and Philippians 2:12b-13 converged into this power smack that knocked me out. I love how God works. I feel really thankful for the way He sustained me today.

4 comments:

Jenni said...

Yep, hard to believe it is here!!! Can't wait to see you this weekend and enjoy re-fueling.

Kelley said...

Won't see you guys till Friday night, but cannot wait for Friday night to get here!

Katherine said...

That is interesting...because I have been camped out at Colossians 3 for a few weeks now, too-it just keeps speaking to me in different ways.

Hope the conference is awesome-sure wish I could be there!! Many blessings on you all-I know that the Spirit will move in mighty and powerful ways as you worship Him!! :)

Amy S. Grant said...

Brandon, I really enjoyed getting to meet you this weekend. What an awesome conference.

Thank you so much for sharing your gifts with us, and for the hours of work that went into making Zoe such a success.

The praise team did a fabulous job leading us in worship. Sheryl has an amazing voice. But I guess you already knew that!