Sunday, October 08, 2006

What an amazing weekend we had at the ZOE conference! It was so good to be with such good friends and to experience worship with all those people. It was a very good weekend for me. The Lord really blessed me. More later...here are some pictures from the weekend.


ZOE leading worship


Leading with my bro, Peter.


Jack and Jill Maxwell's 2006 ZOE conference drawing...Jacob's struggle with God

Replica of Jack and Jill Maxwell's new sculpture at ACU entitled, "Jacob's Ladder".

ZOE leading worship


Josh Ross, BST, and Luke Norsworthy at our house Thursday night.


Jonathan Ross, BST, and Josh--our house Th night


Stephen and the kids in our dining room this afternoon

Peter, Lindsey, Sheryl and me in our living room this afternoon. We love Peter and Lindsey. I am performing their wedding ceremony next summer in California.


Stephen and I are hanging out tonight after the conference...laughing and having fun. He wants people to know he's not actually a witch. Not at all.

It's hard to say what was most enjoyable...worshiping with my ZOE family, hearing Sheryl sing "The Power of the Cross", time with my Ross brothers, seeing old friends, worship that lifted me to heaven, time to process and unwind with my best buddy, Stephen...so many blessings!

10 comments:

paul said...

Ya'll did a great job. This was my first Zoe conference and I thoroughly enjoyed it. It wasn't exactly what I wanted but it was what I needed. I guess God took care of that.

Beaner said...

Thanks for posting some pics! I can't wait to talk to my friends who went this time - I wish I could have been there!

I know how much you LOVE kid stories, so I have to share this with you: My daughter (5 yrs. old) recently saw a commercial for 'Flushed Away'. She thought that looked gross, but wondered where he was after he got flushed. She didn't understand that the toilet leads to the sewer. I asked her where she thought her poop went after she flushed it, and she pointed up. I said "Where is that?" and she replied "In heaven." Do you think maybe I've flushed 1 too many dead fish & confused the poor girl?

believingthomas said...

Hey, good to see you again this weekend (even draped in velvet)! Get some rest.

Drew Battistelli said...

Bodacious weekend!

Thanks for bringing David Durham in. I couldn't stay for the 3rd session due to me feeling ill again, haha. Ugh! Still dont' feel good. And after I thought about it more and more. I stand firmly on why I go to ZOE and that is: ZOE is a place I find true community, love, sincerity, fear, trust, hope and encouragement. ZOE is a place I feel I'm not weird at, but where I bloom. ZOE is a place that I have a voice and people listen, even though I'm young. ZOE is a place where God is recognized, praised, mourned to, rejoiced about, loved and honored. Thank You for particpating in creating a place for that.

And- all this is true of your blog too.

Clarissa said...

Draped in velvet, hahaha! At least he wasn't wearing that black shirt with the stripes. (His birthday's Nov. 15 for those who need a special occasion to take pity and contribute to the fund!)

It was good to be with the Otter family Sunday. Felt like home.

:-)

Beaner said...

OH NO!!! That reminds me - I owe Brandon a HUGE apology! Sometime last year, I made fun of his velvet blazer. However, with Birthday money in tow, I just purchased a velvet blazer (purple, no less) for myself! Brandon - I'm so sorry!!!

Clarissa said...

Uh, Justin -- I don't think their jeans sported the same carefully frayed and torn look that you've been known to wear!

D.J. said...

I'm so sorry I missed it this year. With a new baby and a new move, I thought a trip to Nashville would be too much.

BTW, can you or anyone else in the blog world recommend a church in San Antonio?

Peggy N Texas said...

My first time at Zoe was wonderful! It was the best praise and worship I have been in and I cried most of the time!

Thanks for all your hard work. I will be there again next year, with husband in tow so we can experience it together!

Worship at Otter Sunday morning was awesome. Got some great ideas for our "smaller" experience. We may be smaller but want dynamic!

Being with a great friend, seeing old friends and family and then meeting new friends just put icing on the cake for me!

I understand a little more the question I posed recently of how to draw one into worship. You and the praise team did a great job of it! I felt drawn into praising and it would have been hard to just sit or stand without partipating. So thanks for the experience. We will "test" out what I observed and I will let you know how things change here!

Know you want to relax, but you always have more coming so enjoy!

David Carriger said...

Thanks for all the work that you and the Zoe team did to make the weekend a great success. It was great and awesome worship.