Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Scrambling a bit today..day 3 without Sheryl and with 3 kids who are ready to see her. We've been trying to put the house back together this morning...we got flowers and Maddie is busy making a card. It will be great to have her home.

I am working on the sessions for this weekend. I am leading Friday night, Sat morning and Sat night at the main conference. I am also leading a late night service Friday night in the main hall that will be a lot like our Vespers service on Wednesday nights at Otter Creek. Bobby Colvert is playing guitar, Billy Contreras will be playing fiddle, Philip Henry will sing and play accordian, Amanda Vickers will sing and it should be a cool night. Please pray it all comes together. Scott Owings is helping me pull the stations together. Sat morning I will be teaching the first session of the advanced worship leader track (advanced...weird word, but you get the concept. It's for those who've been doing this a while). David Durham of Crucible International is teaming with me. He'll teach the second two sessions that afternoon. I've admired David for a long, long time. He was very critical to the success of YWAM for years before going on staff at Belmont Church here in Nashville. His ministry is to those in the arts. It's really cool. He will be a blessing to all of us.

I am really excited about having a lot of the ZOE guests with us Sunday too. We meet at 10am for those of you coming from out of town. Sunday school is at 8:45. My mom is teaching a great class on Ecclesiastes with Sandra Collins at OC on Sundays. It's open to any and everyone. Another good choice would be Lee Camp's class. (He wrote Mere Discipleship).

Please pray for me this week. I have a lot left to do and have actually been sick to my stomach and throwing up this morning (nice...it's something I HATE). As always we look forward to seeing you!

7 comments:

Stacey said...

Hope you feel better soon, BST. Hang in there. I bet Cheryl being home will do wonders for the rest of your week!

Stacey said...

I meant Sheryl. Sorry.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

thanks guys...feeling better, actually. My half a turkey sandwitch I had at 3pm has stayed with me. Feeling better. :)

And...of course I'd know if I did see you!!

Kelley said...

Praying for you to feel much better. I find that when the other half of me is out of town, I feel kinda of green around the gills too!
Looking forward to the blessings that will be coming our way this weekend.
And I can't wait to SING with you guys and throw my hands up in praise to HIM!

Tim Castle said...

You didn't have In-N-Out flown in, did you? I've warned you about that!

Looking forward to this weekend. I'm actually going to be at Vespers tomorrow night, if all of my travel goes smoothly.

Drew Battistelli said...

Very excited about the weekend, but I've also had some stomach issues the last 2 days. Eh! But I'm leavning tomorrow for 1/2 the trip to be done with.

Mark Lowenstein said...

I have noticed Satan brings his legions against you and the Zoe conference. I recall your being sick last year and now with Sheryl's brother's death and your not feeling well surely tells us Satan isn't finished with us!

Yet, we will not be swayed and the Lord's army prevails against the foes!

March on, BST & Sheryl along with other Zoe committees!! We're praying for you!