Tuesday, October 10, 2006


check out the goofy guy sitting atop the chair...one of my life long best buds, Jeff Berry. Now that Jeff is such a rock star, he barely has time for the little people like me. It's a far cry from the good ol' days when we lived in Abilene and dreamed of music while we folded clothes at Jeffory's Village Peddlar! Ha!

Jeff is in town between dates visiting with some folks. He's staying with us tonight. I am really excited about seeing him. It's been a while since we've gotten to actually catch up live instead of over the phone.

This afternoon Ella announced, "Jeff is coming to stay with us tonight!" Maddie replied very knowingly, "It's not just JEFF...it's JEFF BERRY!!!" He will love that.

I'm back in car Hades. My good ol' Blazer...1998...paid for...another $860 today for breaks, rotor, muffler, etc. Enough is enough.

We're getting very excited about the weekend and our performance at the Schermerhorn. As of last week, it's sold out. I can't wait. It's going to be a really awesome night.

One last thing...still floating from the weekend. It's been nice to have a day or two off here to catch my breath. But it's also been good to reflect on conversations, interactions, convictions and other ions from the weekend. It really was one of my favorite years. There was something very real about the whole weekend. I was honestly sad to see it end. Hope all of you who came had safe travels home and are feeling refreshed.

7 comments:

julie said...

Brandon, this year was great. It had a different feel than other years. To me it felt more relaxed and comfortable. Maybe I am in a different place or the conference has taken a different direction or maybe a combination of both. I am thankful for your work. For your Spirit-filled work. Also thanks for your generous hospitality. So sweet to be with your family.

MichaelPolutta said...

Hey Brandon,

This year was great. It was more real for me also - because I'm in a more real place spiritually. So much of it is how you approach it. It appears that your refreshing earlier in the year is still paying dividends for you and your family.

I also thought that the Discerning Communities were much more effective this year than past years - wish I could detail why... maybe THAT was me too.

God's blessings continue to overflow in my life. I count it a blessing to have met you and your family at lunch on Saturday as well. Stay with the exercise program - I often look at that as a spiritual discipline. Less weight looks good on you! (But isn't it great that our wives love us no matter what shape we're in?!?)

Blessings!
Michael

Peggy N Texas said...

Since this was my first year, I can't say it was my favorite, not yet anyway! Although I guess it is my favorite at this time!?!

I did enjoy it and was so refreshed and I had a great trip home and feel renewed.

I enjoyed so much seeing friends and being with my best friend. It was full of impact, yet relaxed enough to not feel overwhelming. I did have a few suggestions on my evaluation form for the tracks. But the discerning groups were great!

I especially enjoyed lunch with your mom and being with the group from Highland. They are special people!

Thanks for your part in leading worship and your never ending energy!
I look forward to next year.

Kelley said...

The worship was beautiful and awe inspiring.

Unknown said...

Don't buy an American car next time.

I wish I could comment on the rest, but your life is so exciting it sort of leaves me speechless.

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

don't we all love jeff berry.....the lord used him alot in my life in college through worshipping along side of him.

Amy S. Grant said...

Well I for one am still feeling refreshed and it's Thursday. I think this conference will be like burning embers that glow for quite awhile rather than just a quick blaze.

Hope Zoe has a truly blessed experience at Schhoweveryouspellit. You will be a blessing to that sold out crowd I am sure!