Tuesday, October 24, 2006


Have you seen the new ads for this upcoming television series called "Day Break"? It stars Taye Diggs and the general premise is that he keeps waking up in the same day and has to re-live it over and over and over. The catch is, it's also the "worst day of his life". (I think his wife/girlfriend dies or something.)

I remember the Bill Murray movie, "Groundhog Day". It was cute and sometimes funny, but the idea annoyed me. For me it's one of those unlikely circumstances that after about 15 minutes of watching completely unnerved me.

"Day Break" hasn't debuted yet. At least I don't think it has. However, I don't think I'll be one of those watching. Maybe it's just me, but that has to be one of the worst thoughts ever...re-living your worst day over and over and over. Praise God...PRAISE GOD that we don't live in that reality. While there are those who wake up every morning to find themselves facing the same hurts, the same disappointments, the same struggles...we also know that each new day brings new mercies from the Lord and each new experience teaches us something about the character or our Father. I am so very thankful for that.

Lamentations 3:22-26
"Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail! They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness! I say to myself, 'The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for Him.' The Lord is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."

3 comments:

Stephen Bailey said...

I'm glad you cleared that up for me. I thought "Day Break" was the story of a hip young singing group from West Texas!

Beaner said...

1. I think the point of the show is would you re-live the worst day of your life over & over again if, at some point along the way, you could change it? Tempting!

2. I LOVE Bill Murray!!!

3. Your post reminds me of the song 'He's Always Been Faithful' by Sara Groves (that you guys did on the Ancient Future CD) I've been singing that in my head this morning after I first saw your post. Then, I was walking through my living room & the AF Portfolio was opened to THAT song on my piano! Freaky cool!

"Morning by morning, I wake up to find, the power & comfort of God's hand in mine."

Val said...

Oh, ya gotta love the way Stephen busts out with the Daybreak reference!

For the record, I loved Groundhog Day.