Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Busy weekend. I can't believe we're into another week. It is beautiful here though. For that I am so grateful!

I had a daddy date with Maddie yesterday. Ella and Sam had their "well" appts at the doctor. Maddie and I went to the mall...her favorite place. She was so cute. She informed the woman at the dress store where we were returning something that she was on a date with her daddy.

The SEC came through. Florida looked great last night. I thought UCLA did a fairly decent job of trying to keep up (better than George Mason in my opinion) but they still couldn't catch them. Sometimes I think I'm still really young...then I realize those kids are 20 years old and Billy Donovan is probably more my age. It's a scary revelation.

We're having a creative team meeting today at lunch. I'll let you know how that goes. We're looking ahead to the next sermon series. I've long wanted to gather a group like this who could, collectively, offer their suggestions on their areas of expertise--art, film, drama, music, kids, poetry, etc. I'm excited about this group.

Have a great Tuesday, friends.

5 comments:

Stephen Bailey said...

Hope the meeting goes well today...Glad Sheryl's home...I cheered for UCLA last night, but to no avail...miss you Bro.

Phil said...

Donovan's 40, so you're not QUITE there yet.

Drew Battistelli said...

Spring is wonderful and beautiful! Love the 82 degree weather, just wish some wind would come our way.

Creative meetings, sounds like something oughta the book emerging worship... Hmmm-

Anonymous said...

Great game to watch last week Florida had it going strong from the get go but UCLA did a better job hanging than did GMason.
As Phil said Donovan is 40 although he doesnt look it one bit. What threw me for a curve was that he has been at Florida for 10 yrs now. I was like man thats amazing to start coaching when your 30 at a school like Florida. Anyways, I'm excited to hear how the meeting goes and hope it went well....Zac

Jana said...

I had to come post a comment up here too, BST...I went to Camp Ch-Yo-Ca!!! Someone said it's closed now? That's sad. Was anyone there the summer that a set of twin bros (can't remember names) messed with a hornets' nest down by the lake and all the campers ran screaming back to camp, being chased by yellowjackets? I took a stinger on my pinky finger. Good times.