Sunday, April 30, 2006

Last Spring we finally got around to clearing out some of the weeds in our garden. There are these wild rose bushes that were completely out of control. I finally got tired of looking at them--and there were never blooms. So, I cut it back--way back. I trimmed it to the core. I didn't have the energy to dig them completely up, but thought I had done the trick--at least they weren't overtaking the garden.

A few weeks ago, to our surprise, the rose bushes exploded. There are hundreds of blooms--more than we could pick. There's something true across the board about pruning. Sometimes in order to come back with a bang, you must prune. The results can be surprising!

6 comments:

Arlene Kasselman said...

Thought you were taking a break...but no, the rose bush teachable moment just couldn't escape you. Thanks - I'm being pruned right now and am resisting it a little (maybe a lot).

CL said...

Great post Brandon! Thanks for sharing, I guess we can all use some pruning from time to time. Rest in the power of The Spirit my brother!

Katherine said...

Thanks for the great post-there is so much truth in what you are saying!! I have truly witnessed that first hand over the past month. I pray that your time off will continue to be blessed and that you will allow God to prune you...

Anonymous said...

Hey friend.
Loved this analogy.....oh, so true!! I can sense so much peace in your words... and a light heartedness......much needed!!
Anxious to hear about Fellowship...would love to talk about it sometime.
Still praying.
Love you so.

Stacey said...

Those look really good! I'm really impressed.

Brad Crisler said...

What?? Pruning the spirit..makes more roses? Roses make analogies into alergies??
You are starting to sound like a songwriter or something.


Well..anyway, we miss you...Somebody has to keep it light here:)

bc