Tuesday, February 07, 2006

This morning I arrived at my NEW office. It was SO weird. It was so quiet. Doug wasn't already meeting with someone in our office...in fact, I'm not even sharing an office anymore. I'm back to having my own office again. It was quiet. Sometimes too quiet. So...Michael Buble helped ease the quiet. Then the chaos began.

Staff meeting was like a bunch of deer looking into the headlights of 1000 oncoming cars. We were sitting in a conference room around tables and the first feeling I had was one of sheer excitement. I literally wanted to jump up on the tables and just run around the room. I cannot believe this has happened to us! Hallelujah! Then Doug brought us back to reality.

There are so many things that are changing---ministry will be completely different in this new place. And...that's not a bad thing. We have this amazing opportunity to press the re-start button. We are all being challenged with what that means for each of us.

This afternoon it seemed as soon as I hung up with one person, someone else was coming in my office trying to teach me how to use the new phone system or needing to talk about something. The busyness of the day wasn't really all that bad. It helped us feel like we were all still together. And...now I'm getting lots of exercise walking to the ends of the earth to find the other ministers in their temporary offices. Mine is in the "green room" behind the stage where we will also have rehearsals. It's a nice, coveted spot. Meanwhile, Tim got the lovely lilac room behind the sound booth. Eat your heart out, baby.

Sunday we have one...count 'em...ONE service. I can't even tell you how exciting that is. We're going to be in limbo for a few weeks meeting in the family life center until we can move into the sanctuary. (There's some construction)

----------

I didn't get to say this last week because I think I was in total denial but the Cox Family has left us. They've gone to Alabama. Clarissa will still arrange for us and she and Rob and their kids will always be a part of our family, but it stinks that it will have to be from a distance. We miss you guys! God bless you in your new home!

1 comment:

SG said...

Hope things calm down for you a bit. A new house of worship! How exciting! I know you will all enjoy "making it yours" over the next several months. Last night MK said she will see you at Sing Song. That sounds really fun! :)