Sunday, February 26, 2006

It was a good morning at the Creek. I think any time Christians can talk about brokenness and vulnerability...it's always good. The world sees us as the opposite. And, we've done a lot to help them see us that way.

One cool thing I forgot to mention about the ACU lectures...they used it as a time for reconciliation with the Christian Churches. 100 years ago this year was the first time we were listed as separate on the census. There were brothers from the Christian Church on the schedule and each night someone participated in the main lecture in some way. Kudos to ACU for that.

Next month ZOE will lead worship in Oklahoma on Friday night the 24th when Max Lucado and Bob Russell will address a crowd of many thousands of people. It will also be a historic night. I am excited to be a part of that. I love history and it's even more fun having a front row seat to history in the making.

I'm still working through my own valley time. Sheryl and I had a good date night last night and talking with her helped. I continue to covet your prayers.

Meanwhile, on the health front, I've been doing better. I haven't wanted to mention it because I didn't want to jinx myself!! But, as of yesterday I've lost about 25lbs since October. Also, my work out partner has been a huge blessing. Eric Wyse (hey, Eric!!) and I have been trying to keep each others' feet to the fire. Eric is a fellow worship leader and a song writer/producer/arranger/everything else in the world kinda guy. He and his wife wrote "Wonderful Merciful Savior" which many of our churches sing regularly. He's a good friend and encourager.

Tonight's life group. Community is good. I pray tonight goes well.

4 comments:

Katherine said...

It was awesome to listen to the discussions taking place during lectureship-I hope we can actually use our unity and do something out in this world...

You continue to be in my prayers-I know how tough valley time can be, but I also know that God brings you out stronger. Blessings to you, my friend!

I thought you had lost some weight-that is awesome!! That is a hard task-keep it going...

Hope you have a wonderful week!!

IN HIM, Katherine (Jen) ;)

Shane Coffman said...

BST - I'm thrilled to hear you guys will be at Tulsa this year. I'm looking forward to it!

Shane Coffman

summer said...

brandon,
i read your blog fairly often but i have never commented before since i don't know you and you don't know me, but i wanted to share with you my recent experience in case it may help you.
i have generally been a happy, satisfied, "undepressed" person. (what ever that means?!?) but about 6 months ago i began to be so tired, unmotivated, and depressed. i have three small children i stay at home with and i knew after a month of staring at the walls in misery, (and some coercing by my husband and close friends) i had to do something. My husband made me an appointment with a recommended psychiatrist. at my first visit she prescribed me the lowest dose of wellburtin and ordered some lab work to test if there were any physical reasons for my "condition". the results showed i had a severe Hyperthyroid and that was what was causing all of my symptoms. it is actually called graves disease and it is an auto immune disorder that causes my body to attack my thyroid gland which in turn causes my thyroid gland to do everything to protect itself by overproducing. i am doing really well now. it is not that serious when treated. my point is, i thougt someting was wrong with my mind and emotions, but it was really my thyroid casusing all the trouble. it could very well be that you are going through a "valley" time in your life right now. (and that is perfectly ok if it is the case:-)) but it could also be that there is something physical causing your suffering. i have never been more relieved than when the doctor told me that my problems stemmed from my thyroid and that by fixing it i would feel better. i understand how you feel and just want to give you some hope and encourage you to call your doctor and see if it could be a physical thing. whether it is or isn't doesn't minimize how you feel or make you any more weak. we love you and pray God's comforting hand upon you!!!
summer (bret preston road in dallas' wife)

SG said...

summer~ I think that is great advice for anyone in the valley for very long. Thank you ao much for sharing your story! Health issues can cloud any situation.