Tuesday, January 25, 2005

I like to call this post..."One Day I'll Wear My Crown".

I am headed to the dentist in a few minutes to get a crown. Please..you'd think these things were made of gold, rubies, and diamonds. How can a small piece of porcelain be that expensive? AND--you know how sometimes when you take your car to be worked on, they wash it for you? Maybe that's a southern thing. Anyway--if I am paying for a crown on my tooth with my life savings (not really) shouldn't they throw in a little cleaning to boot? Dentists. And--why is dentistry so expensive? And why isn't it covered on our health insurance. These are the burning questions on this Tuesday.

On the more pleasant topics. I feel like I am just giddy with my girls right now. I loved being with Sheryl over the weekend (I don't really call her my girl for fear of being slapped). Ella and Maddie are just so cute. All the way to school this morning Maddie gave me those eyes--daddies, you know what I mean. The sweet, there's no one like you daddy, I love you eyes. She wanted to hold my hand too. I just want to soak in those moments. What a treasure.

The weekend was truly inspiring for me. I feel renewed and really ready to tackle some deeper harder things in my heart. God's timing is always good.

American Idol is tonight--watch for Jeff Johnson. I think this is his night. If it's New Orleans, then it is. He's a mess.

Sunday is going to be AWESOME at the creek. I can't wait. We have some very powerful testimonies. Honestly, it could be a day of great conviction and healing for a lot of people. Me included. I am already praying towards that end. If you can, please join me in praying that the Spirit of God will be on this place powerfully this week.

Now...off to my coronation. Instead of champagne, I'll be getting mouthwash. And instead of fireworks, there'll be the hum of the fluorescent lights. No excitement, no parties, no carriages, no kingly thrones or long capes. BUT THERE WILL BE A CROWN! Yes sir, there will be a crown.

5 comments:

Beaner said...

I feel your pain - literally! A couple days after Thanksgiving I lost a piece of my tooth. I got in to see a new dentist who had me come back for a root canal - part 1. I have been "on call" for part 2 since then with only a temporary filling in right now. Argh!!! A few more trips & my $600 will be worth something. Shoulda just had it pulled.

Thurman8er said...

Brandon,
I can't tell you how great it was to have you and all of the ZOE team in Fresno this weekend. I went into the weekend in a low place and a lousy frame of mind. I came out refreshed and full of John York wisdom to chew on and digest. We love when you guys come out because the study is deep, the worship is powerful, and we get to eat good too!
I spent a lot of time thinking about Joe this weekend too. How appropriate in light of his loss and the tragedy in Abiline that we talked about desperation. And how reassuring it was to remember that our God loves us in the present and gives us a future beyond the walls of this world.
As everyone pulled out of the parking lot after lunch on Sunday, I was overwhelmed by the realization that we have become family. We miss you when you're gone, pray for you daily, and can't wait until the next time our paths cross. I'll keep a pack of gum handy for the next time I see you (although your dentist might disapprove). In the meantime, be blessed, brother!

Clarissa said...

Will there be any stars in your crown?

Phil said...

I found it deeply ironic that Gene Simmons of KISS told Jeff that he shouldn't be in AI because then he wouldn't be able to be a minister.

The mind boggles.

Katherine said...

I found that ironic too...he told him he should be singing country music! LOL Simon even liked him-which is rare indeed! I do have a claim to fame though...I know someone who is cousins with Jeff! He did do a good job, let's hope he keeps going...there is also a youth minister from here in Abilene that made it through...so I will definitely be cheering for both of them!

I've justed started getting back into the blog community and appreciate reading your comments! I live in Abilene and am getting my Master's at ACU and have been affected by last week's tragedy with Highland, but there are some amazing things going on here and at Highland and it is great to see God moving in the midst of sorrow-the community has been amazing and I know that God will continue to work good for those whose who love Him!

I will be praying for you and your ministry-music is such a powerful and healing tool and has affected and shaped my spiritual life, and my life as a whole in more ways than one. Thanks for allowing God to use you and your gifts~

IN HIM, Katherine