Thursday, January 13, 2005




As you can see in these photos, I have been busily cleaning. The empty space on the back wall is where my piano goes. It's been sitting in the sanctuary for over a month because we used it for the show and now the "Otter Limits" variety show is this weekend and it needed to stay for that. Next week we'll roll it back in here to its new home on a different wall. I LOVED walking in to a clean office this morning. THANK YOU, TRINA!!!! We have worked really hard. I think I have thrown away 3 huge trash cans full of old music books, memorabilia, and CDs that I will never use.

What you can't see is my desk--currently clean--and my computer credenza which sits behind it. It needs some help. BUT--we're getting there!!

So, Donald Miller...whoever decided to have him at the Belcourt was not a visionary. It was more than sold out. In fact, they had to do a whole second speaking time at 9pm which I was not able to come to. My mom and I were out of luck. I am sure it was wonderful.

My night was much more fun. I went on home and played with the girls. Cleaning my office yesterday I found a bunch of old music from when I taught voice lessons. (younger music from things like Annie, Little Mermaid, etc) I took the Little Mermaid music home and played it and Maddie and Ella were really loving it. That evolved into getting the camcorder out and taping Maddie playing and singing Old McDonald, Jesus Loves Me, etc. It was a fun night. We ended up upstairs in the playroom with me in their Little Tykes house. Ella and Maddie were putting things in the microwave (unplugged) and pretending to make me dinner. So sweet! Maddie was making "Charlie Browns" (what she calls brownies--I love that!)

I am still processing some of my time with Greg Williams. Greg came to "shadow" me. He probably has no idea how encouraging his presence was. I needed his perspective and his brotherly words. It's amazing how true encouragement in the Spirit impacts you down to the marrow. I've had plenty of the opposite of that. It was a striking comparison. It makes me think about what Jesus said about fruit. You can judge things by the fruit it bears. Some of the fruit of my conversations with Greg over the course of 24 hours have been a desire to seek renewal, a longing for a deeper touch of God on those places in my heart that still need healing, and a conviction to find my joy in the things of God. It's funny--it's like God has broad sided me this week with some real conviction in areas that needed revealing and convicting.

As you go about your day today, don't underestimate the power of Spirit-filled, life giving words. You never know what God might do through you to break down walls.

4 comments:

Clarissa said...

Dude, where is THAT room? Amazing. Actually I glanced in last night and had to do a double take, I was so shocked. Now, Rob, he didn't even notice. Men.
:-)
Send Trina to my house, wouldja?

wstaple said...

I'll admit that it's been awhile since I've seen your office, but that, sir, can't be your office......

SG said...

Sounds like God sent Greg to help you clean sweep you heart while you were clean sweeping your office. Isn't it amazing how the same space can look and feel so different when you throw out all the junk!
You may have inspired me! Rob and I were already planning on a total room/office make over this weekend but we were talking paint and curtains. I may take the next few days to sort through all the mess and throw out all the junk... or at least file it properly!
Brandon you have one of the cleanest, sofest hearts I know. You are always an encouragement to me and your blog always seems to point me in the right direction! Thanks! Steph

Jenni said...

Your office looks GREAT! Of course, I never saw it before, but I can imagine... Anyone taking bets on how long it will stay clean? ;-) My mom is a packrat, but I'm definitely learning how to FLING. If I don't love it, don't use it, or it doesn't make me smile, out the door it goes!