Tuesday, January 04, 2005




Happy Birthday to ELLA!!! Two years old today. As you can see, she is a beauty AND a clown! She brings joy and laughter into every day. I am so grateful for the gift she is to our family. Happy birthday, sweetie!

It's been fun being with Jeff Johnson and Jourdan. The Passion conference is amazing. Jason McArthur and I are meeting up with them this morning to enjoy the worshiping--and hopefully finding some new music! Chris Tomlin, Matt Redman, David Crowder--how can you go wrong?

Have a great afternoon, everyone. Good comments yesterday. Thought provoking. I guess my question about worship would also go to life. Would an unbeliever think we really believed what we were singing about or saying? Or would we appear as most Christians do...faking it or going through the motions? Major physical expression is not what I am talking about. Sincerity, heart felt worship, expression of any kind, a simple smile--these are things that would be nice. Thoughts?

5 comments:

Donny - MarketingTwin #2 said...

I'm back!! I just posted a new blog this morning. By the way, Ella looks like a cutie. My son Colby is turning 2 in a month so maybe an arranged marriage could be worked out!! Guarantee that we wouldn't have annoying in-law issues!! Love ya brother!

Sam Middlebrook said...

BST,

You pose a great question about non-believers seeing worship and questioning the sincerity. I think every worship leader would be lying through their teeth if they said that they have never done this themselves.

For the believers, let's stop measruing worship, and just enjoy it.

As to the question about non-believers, here's an intersting thought. JD Blackstone is hands-down the finest guitar player I have ever met. He loves loud rock, and has played with many top artists. He isn't a believer, and the last time I spent time with him, he tld me that if he ever were to go to church, he would go to some place with "the robes, rituals, and religion". I asked him why. He said that "too many churches try to not be what they are - at least these guys aren't afraid to be a church in front of the world".

Food for thouught.

How sincere is our worship? How sincere is my worship? Now I've got something to ponder on all day.

SG said...

Happy Birthday Ella! Whata cutie! :)

christine pinson said...

I must sadly admit that I often catch myself not just distracted, but completely unaffected while worshipping. Even when I am not particularly tired, my mind seems to wander and take me anywhere but the cross of Christ. That's why I love our friend TJ's song "Communion" so much. The cup is not enough...we must be washed in His blood...every single day. We have an amazing privilege in being able to worship freely and too often we are more concerned with where we are going to lunch after church to really stop and commune with the Lord. Thank you for another convicting post...

And Ella...what a cutie patootie!

Clarissa said...

Ella is precious. You can really see her personality in these pictures!