Friday, January 28, 2005

Before I begin--let me also point you to my brother-in-law's blog. Chris ("Fajita") is a gifted writer and deep thinker. I loved his story yesterday involving the characters "Good", "Right", "Depressed", "Alone" and so on. I think you'll love it. He's been added to my links, but for ease, click here

OK--why me? That's going to be the title of my auto-biography. It's true on so many different levels. You will not believe what happened. My friend who works for the dentist mentioned earlier this week called yesterday and told me that she was so upset by what had happened that she wrote him a letter and PRINTED OFF MY BLOG FOR HIM TO READ. (collective gasps and screams) When she told me, I literally screamed. I went back to re-read what I wrote. For the love. When will I learn? Dr. Torture? Backwoods school in West Virginia? Help me. While I didn't stretch the truth--AT ALL--I still feel badly about my colorful editorial. The good news is...I don't have to go back to said Dentist. I get to go to his partner. From all accounts, he is a true gentle dentist. I told her that I would come--but only with a bag over my head. For the love. The other even better news is...THEY AREN'T CHARGING ME!!! So, a little humiliation versus paying over $700?? I'll take the humiliation, thank you.

If you can even get over the previous paragraph, (after hours of processing what happened yesterday I still found myself lost in cringe-ville and shaking my head at myself) there's more to share today. The girls are so fun to watch lately. They are still so addicted to Peter Pan. Ella has finally, to Maddie's delight, begun playing dress up. Watching Maddie persuade her to do it is the best part. This morning they both dressed up in their fairy princess outfits and were flying all over the house like Peter Pan. Very cute. They were also making fart noises and laughing hysterically, but that's another story. There's no denying whose kids they are.

Sunday continues to take shape. I feel this anticipation building. It will be a powerful day. I pray that the Spirit will do a major work here this weekend. Sheryl and I are going to Belmont to worship tomorrow night. My friend, Michael Mellett, is leading. It starts at 6pm in case any of you Nashvegas bloggers want to go.

We are selling copies of the DVD of our Christmas Show-- "A Sander's Family Christmas". (also selling DVD copies of our kids musical last summer "Holy Moses" and the DVD of the "Otter Limits" talent show) Each one is $10. I plan to post a link to order, in case any of you are interested. I haven't seen the DVD to the other ones but our Christmas show DVD is really excellent. I was surprised and excited with the quality. More on that later.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

4 comments:

Beaner said...

Now if only someone would show your blog to ear-murderer!

Debbie said...

Brandon, In case you and Sheryl haven't seen it, you MUST go see FINDING NEVERLAND at the movies! It is based on the life of J.M. Barrie who wrote PETER PAN. It is a wonderful movie, beautiful scenery and great acting! And, if I remember correctly, not one bad word in the whole movie! (take your mom, too)

Val said...

Okay, when stuff like that happens to you, you might want to check and see if we have done some kind of Freaky Friday body-switch, because that kind of stuff seems to happen to me all the time.

As far as dental work goes, after I got a bridge about a year ago, people kept saying I should have gone to Mexico instead. Apparently it would have been a third of the price and I would be done the same day. The whole idea is a little scary though. What is tequilaocaine by the way? Oh well, the three grand was probably money well-spent here in town with Dr. Bourland.

julie said...

Brandon, I hate those embarrassing moments. At least now you don't have to go back to him. I did something similar once...at a lacrosse game...talking to a mom who worked at an out patient surgery center as a nurse and I realized it was the same center we had taken our then seven year old to for her tonsillectomy. She asked about our experience there and wondered if all the nurses had been good. I started telling her about Lucy's recovery nurse and how awful she was and halfway through the story I realized she was the nurse that I was talking about. She didn't realize it until Lucy walked up and she recognized her. What do you say in those situations? Nothing or it might just get worse. Sorry your experience was so bad...I hope the next visit is amazingly wonderful...well, as wonderful as dental work can be.
grace, Julie