Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments! We are really excited. Maddie's eyes were so big when we told her. She and Ella both got to hear the heart beat. Maddie's been asking questions like, "Is the baby going to stay overnight? Will the baby live with us?" and this morning..."Mommy, do you still have that heart in your tummy? Did you sleep with it?"

Sheryl is officially due June 10, but we're betting more on around May 25th considering our other two. Thank you for your continued prayers.

So, today was my huge visit to the Vanderbilt Allergy/Sinus clinic. I knew it would be long, but had no idea what I was in for. I think Sheryl had tried to explain to Maddie before I left why I wasn't taking her to school today. When I came downstairs to say goodbye Maddie asked me, "Daddy, are you going to the doctor cause your boogers hurt?" Yeah. Pretty much.

I checked in to the clinic and about 5 minutes later a nurse called me back. She was standing there with reporters and a producer from ABC. The Nashville ABC affiliate is doing an hour long special on the Vandy clinic which will air in March. She asked me if I'd be willing to let them follow me around all day. Now I am allergy reality TV boy. I agreed and we began the experience. I was fine with most of it except when they had a camera in my face as I was being weighed. Hello? I am NOT ON "The Biggest Loser" although, perhaps I should be. It actually made the day pass quite fast. I found out that I am severely allergic to certain trees and mold. I also found out that I have rhinitis, or rhinoitis, or something. I'll have a CT scan in January (thanks to deductible) to find out what the heck that is. I left with meds and a long term prescription and plan for help. I felt good. What a great place and nice people! So, be watching March 7th for my allergy debut. (why me?)

Sheryl has a girlie party tonight. I get to hang with Maddie and Ella. I always love that time. We'll play, watch a movie and probably do baths. They are so extra funny in the bath tub. We just need a splash guard for the rest of the bathroom when they're in there!

I'm trying to recruit members for our Christmas Chorus. Since the show is completely different this year with a very small cast (7 actors, 5 musicians), I am recruiting a larger group to sing on Sunday the 26th. Anyone want to come over and join us? EVERYONE seems to be leaving town. We're not! YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAA!

Have a great day, everyone. Keep those name ideas coming. Sam is definitely our boy name (after my father). We need a good girl's name that goes well with Madeline and Ella. Classic, but cool. Ideas? (we find out in 5 weeks!)

18 comments:

Beaner said...

Names.....let's see - you've got Madeline, the cartoon girl in France & Ella Enchanted. So, going with that theme I think you should name a 3rd daughter Strawberry Shortcake Thomas. Actually, Dora would work too - it's all I hear about in my house. My son actually picked out the name for my daughter, so I think you should really get your girl's ideas - maybe a princess name. But if you want a serious suggestion for a girl - I think Jacqueline is pretty (& my daughter's middle name.)

I hope your boogers are feeling better too! :-)

Clarissa said...

Perhaps 'twould be better NOT to ventilate the space as you bleach -- that way the next time your mouth talks before your brain approves, you'll have a good excuse. Think I'll try that, m'self.

Anonymous said...

So, if Sam is your definite boy name, would you consider Samantha if it's a girl?? Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Ava for a girl is precious and works well with your other precious names....

Deana Nall said...

Congrats! We picked "Julia" for our oldest because it is a classic but not old sounding like "Pearl" or "Prudence" or something. And it means "youthful," and we liked that. With the middle name of Whittington (family name on my side), someone remarked that "Julia Whittington" sounds like a debutante. She meant that in a good way.

Julia is also a Bible name -- one of the people Paul greets at the end of Romans.

SG said...

Samantha! Madeline Ella & Samantha. I also like Chloe, Charlotte and Elizabeth.:)Did I say Samantha? But we know it is going to be a boy...right? :)LOL

Matt Elliott said...

Congratulations, Brandon and Sheryl!

My wife and I were just getting ready for bed when I asked her to help me with a few suggestions for a name for your child. Here are some names that sound good with "Thomas":

Hummus Thomas
Tommy Thomas
Tiny Thomas
Post-Thomas (you know, like after you die...)
Romulus Thomas
Clarence Thomas
Doubting Thomas
Danny Thomas
Imus Thomas
Promise Thomas
Tippi Thomas
Taurus Thomas
Tootin' Thomas
Thomas the Tank Engine
Totally Thomas

Or there's always "Booby" Thomas -- you know, after our guitar-playing friend.

Hope this helps.

Tim Castle said...

June 10th? GREAT DATE for a birthday!

If this little 'un is born on my birthday, you have to name it after my hero... "Weird Al" Yankovic!

Better hope it's not a girl, in that case....

Anonymous said...

Fern

Daren

Clarissa said...

Hazel. (Hey, it's good enough for Julia Roberts!)

Phil said...

Yeah, but so was Phineas.

Matt Elliott said...

Hey -- Phineas is a great character in Thomas Knowles "A Separate Peace". Never speak against Phineas!

CL said...

BST -
My .02 goes for Gertrude, at least you don't hear it much anymore, and there are many possibilities with it like Gert or Gertie. Yeah that's it. God bless man!

Anonymous said...

OK, this is definately my area!! Just ask my fellow life group and Bunco buddies! I love to figure out names for other peoples children. So, what's your mom's maiden name? Oh, it's "Scott"(I think)? Well never, mind, already used. What about her mother's maiden name? Sheryl's mother's or step-mother's maiden name? Any favorite aunts or uncles who never had kids who's name you'd want to use? Just call me!!
My personal favorites: Claire and Olivia. Caleb was going to be "Claire". What about Samantha Claire? Of course Caleb is a great boy's name, meaning "bold and brave" or if you prefer the Hebrew translation "dog". Ugh. Oh well, I could go on and on. Happy naming!
DeeAnna

Clarissa said...

Oh, yeah, you should name her Claire (if it's a girl.) I agree. Means famous, true, bright. Good name. :-)

Anonymous said...

Ace.

julie said...

Brandon, our daughter's name is Lucy Claire...which means altogether...clear bringer of light. I love old classic names. Our other daughter is Mary Kate. I love the names Maddie and Ella...especially Ella because you just don't hear it anymore and it is beautiful. Go with the names that you love and make you smile when you say them.
grace, Julie

SG said...

Quite a few suggestions! How will you ever pick? Oh that's right! You aren't going to have to because you are having a boy.
Even though you live in a red state (whatever! the network guys gotta give that red/blue thing up!!!) I think you will be singing the blues...as in little boy blue... come May/-June. Just a hunch. (And the odds are 50/50 that I'm right:)