Monday, December 20, 2004

It's Monday night and I am still flying high after a weekend of such fun! The show was a huge success. We all had a blast and I think people really enjoyed it. We had it professionally videoed and will have them available if anyone wants one. All three performances went really well and we had great crowds. A friend of a cast member even put up posters at a local Marriott resort and there were a couple of families who showed up as a result. It was a widely diverse crowd. Very, very much fun. Thanks to all of you who came out for the show. It was fun to see some faces of old friends.

My mom is still digging out of her one million boxes. Thanks, Deanna, for going to get some of them tomorrow. I think the hardest thing about moving is wanting to feel settled immediately. It takes a while. We went to my mom's house after church Sunday for lunch. That has never happened in my married life and I haven't even lived in the same town as my mom since 1992. It was a great moment to realize that we'll have many more times like that.

Sheryl's folks are here. We are all having fun. Tonight we played cards and laughed. It was a welcomed break after a very long week.

Mom, Maddie and I went shopping this morning and found her a table and chairs (really pretty) and a TV at Best Buy. She's getting all squared away--slowly but surely.

Tomorrow morning I am heading to the dentist. That'll be a load of fun. Tomorrow night we're going out to Opry Land to see the lights and Christmas decorations. It's really a great place to take guests around Christmas.

Sunday morning I got to go to Lee Camp's class--really awesome. You know, the message of the cross is really so offensive and wonderful. It sets worldly authority on it's ear. It takes our primal nature and turns it upside down. It begs of us that which often seems impossible. But I think it only feels that way because we are so completely immersed in this world and it's values. What I long for is to have that new heart created in me so that my actions really reflect that upside down Kingdom.

1 comment:

Clarissa said...

Brandon,

The show was awesome! I went twice! Laura was so funny. Tell me, do you look at Sheryl the way you looked at Laura? :)

Count me in for one of those videos.

Merry Christmas,
Rob Cox