Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Sunday night rehearsal was just tedious. 3 1/2 hours spent on sound and EQ. ARGH!! However, last night made up for it. We had a good solid run-through. The band guys are really awesome. The cast is doing such a great job. We're getting really excited about our weekend. Having full costume, lights, sound, and instrumentalists really helps make it seem real. Here are some pictures from rehearsal last night.

Steve Speake and Sonya Colvert play Burl and Vera Sanders--the patriarchs!


Amanda plays one of the twins (Denise) and I play Pastor Mervin Oglethorpe.


Bobby Colvert plays mandolin, accordion, etc. Bennett Rye plays rhythm guitar. (Not pictured in the band are the banjo, fiddle, and upright bass players.)

More pics to come this week. My mom is on the road even now--somewhere between Dallas and Texarkana. They hope to make it to the east side of Memphis tonight. My uncle Mike is driving her. I wish I could be a fly on the wall to hear their conversations for 12 hours. He has been such a sweet man to my mom. Mike has taken great care of her. I know he'll miss having her in Abilene. (My mom's other brother is living in Kansas--hi guys!)

More rehearsals tonight--all week. Last night as I was leaving Maddie said, "Daddy, please don't leave. I want you to stay here and play with me." After I removed the knife from my heart I gave her a big hug and promised to kiss her when I got home. I miss my family! Sheryl has been so amazing through all of this. She knows what Christmas and Easter are like in my job. She is a great support and encourager. I can't wait to have a night to take her out on a date!

My mom's moving truck gets here Friday. (as if there isn't enough going on this weekend!) Anyone want to come unpack a box?

Have a great Tuesday everyone!

5 comments:

Matt Elliott said...

Who knew Bobby Colvert played the ACCORDION??

Phil said...

Booby Colvert can do anything. Even play a squeezebox.

Clarissa said...

Okay -- I was a music major and I've never heard of a squeezebox. Of course I skipped most of my classes.

I could unpack a box! Maybe two if she feeds me ...

Matt Elliott said...

Okay, I checked around. It's neither an accordion nor a "squeezebox". I have been informed that it's called a "concertina". Did THAT come up in school, Clarissa? :-)

Clarissa said...

Uh -- thanks, Matt. I'm an idiot. Hey, my parents had accordion music at their wedding. Sorry I missed it.