Friday, May 27, 2011

Days of Whine and Roses

I find myself feeling waves of emotion that come and go right now...generally brought on by seeing or talking to friends and thinking of leaving them. Last night my good buddy Mark Whaley threw a going away party for me. It was really fun. These guys mean a lot to me. I loved having a night of laughter!

Jeff Lovett, Grant Batson, Mark Whaley, Stephen Chisolm, me, Gary Musick
I stopped by to see my sweet cousin who is the manager of the Starbucks near our house...we lovingly refer to it as either St. Arbucks or Star$$. Ang drew a little mural on my coffee cup in protest of us moving...


But meanwhile, work still has to get done. I am producing my last show at TPAC (Tennessee Performing Arts Center) this weekend. It's the Legacy Dance Show. Today was load-in and rehearsal.  Here are some pics of the set going up.






One last thing today...our friend, Amy Rieder Owen, sent me a picture of Sam from graduation last Friday. I LOVE this picture. Here's why...each child had to write their definition of love and read it. Sam's was, "Love is my daddy playing with me." In this picture he had just read it out loud and was looking at me. I was sitting on the front row of the balcony filming it. It was such a sweet moment. I love that Amy captured it! Thank you, Amy!


It's going to be a busy but fun weekend. I am excited about the coming weeks and all the adventures that we will have! God is giving us such a sense of anticipation about Abilene. So many amazing experiences to be had! But, first, we must figuratively sing "Friends Are Friends Forever" as we pack up everything and say our goodbyes. These are sweet tears we're crying...and tears of great gratitude. But they're still tears! :)  So, thank you for continuing to pray for these days of transition for the Thomas family. Have a great weekend, blog family!

No comments: