Tuesday, June 23, 2009

11 Songs MOSTLY Done

Last night we had a great but LONG night in the studio. We did the "re-do" on "Hallelujah, We Will Sing" and recorded most of "Amazed". I absolutely LOVE this song. I've been wanting to put it on a ZOE record for a couple of years. Thanks to D.J. Bulls, we finally got an arrangement that I liked and that works really well for us. Sheryl has a solo at the beginning but for last night I laid down the scratch pass. So, what you'll hear in this first one is a faint scratch vocal solo and then the group. The second video clip is after we added the trio on top of the group vocals. Seriously, I cannot express how much I love this song. It's probably my new favorite. I have always loved the lyric and I love the soothing nature of the melody. It's one of those songs that just takes me there in heart.


beginning with scratch vocals

with added trio vocals....

I was holding up the phone to let DJ hear how his arrangement turned out. He really did a great job! Thanks, DJ!

Tonight we will record "Breath of Grace" and a song that Sheryl and Randy co-wrote. :)

1 comment:

annie said...

I've played the clip over & over. It's wonderful. Can't wait to hear the finished product. To be able to sing like y'all would be so much fun!