Monday, April 27, 2009

Return to the Jedi

After a long road trip home, I arrived in time to have some great play time before bed...including water fights outside, chase, lots of tickles, and a little bit of the "Home" show.

After the kids were asleep I went in to check on them and saw this...

Sam loves his Star Wars pillow (now, this is not a Pottery Barn new edition...it's actually an original! It was mine when I was a kid). Sam looked so cute and went to sleep with his light saber in his grip. My little Jedi...who insists on sleeping on the floor of the girls' room instead of in his own room, in his own bed. He's afraid he'll miss something important. He is so me.

It's great to be home with Sheryl and the kids. I am also very excited to meet Miss Ellis Berry. Jeff and Anna had a little girl on Friday. Everyone else in the family has seen her but tonight I will get to meet her for the first time. I can't wait!

Have a great week, blog family.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Super cute.

However, his lightsaber is red. Therefore you are raising a Sith. Watch out.

:)

Amy Boone said...

OK, another example of us leading strangely parallel lives. One of my favorite pics of Nick is him sleeping on Grant's old baseball pillowcase with a baseball cap on, holding his songbook (remember how he used to lead worship????). Absolutely precious! And we have a little GIRL at our house who drags her sleeping bag into her BROTHERS' room to sleep so she doesn't miss anything! Again.... she is SO like me!