Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas to all of you! We have had a wonderful couple of days of celebrating and vegging. Last night we went to my mom's for Christmas Eve and had dinner and opened some presents. The kids were so excited...they started asking me about 8am... "How much longer 'til we go to Nonnie's??"


We have so much to celebrate. We celebrate the gift of Jesus. We celebrate the gift of family and friends. And, we stop to take in the amazing reality and power of God with us-Immanuel!


The kids pose in front of Nonnie's tree. We were all excited to open presents!


Sam was hilarious this Christmas screaming "HOLY COW!" after opening gifts he really liked.



I love this picture! My mom reads "Twas the Night Before Christmas" to 3 very eager listeners.

Back at our house, Santa came to visit! Mean old daddy made the kids stop on the stairs for a photo. They had ants in their pants.


Santa left some goodies in the den and filled our stockings!


After we discovered what Santa brought us, we moved to the living room to exchange gifts.



I LOVE Christmas morning!


The kids really were so sweet with each other today.


Sam loves Power Rangers!


Nonnie got in on the action too!


Maddie...please don't grow up too fast. Your daddy can't stand it!



As we sat to feast, we all agreed that this was an awesome birthday party kind of day. We're thankful Jesus was born and came into our lives!

What a treasure to have captured a bit of this!

One of my all-time favorite things about Christmas morning are the screams...
Merry Christmas, friends!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture of your mom with the three kids really should be framed... in my opinion!

Donny - MarketingTwin #2 said...

Love the video of your kids seeing the stockings. Funny... I did the same thing because I wanted to capture their reactions!! My boys don't scream but they have just as much fun finding gifts from Santa as your kids do! Love it BST!!!!

mundiejc said...

This weekend my parents, brothers, sis in law, and my wife watched my family's old christmas videos. Wait twenty years, and make sure to watch this stuff again. It will be a riot. Getting to watch the super cute and/or slightly ridiculous stuff you and your siblings said as children is hilarious (and a little bit nostalgic too).

Merry Christmas!

Amy Anderson Westerman said...

L-O-V-E the video clips! So precious! :)