Saturday, June 30, 2007

ZOE just finished a long day in the studio. We had a productive night last night and a good day today--slow but good. We keep making progress. After a few weeks we have some songs we're really excited about...and we're over half way done.

Here are the songs we've recorded so far...
--Everlasting God
--Where Joy and Sorrow Meet (a Sheryl solo...so fantastic!)
--Be Lifted High (written by Leland--on of Jason's artists--and recorded by Michael W. Smith)
--You Are Good
--Uncreated One (Chris Tomlin)
--Your Name
--The Glory Is Yours

We recorded another song today that is so awesome but it's being released on a major Christian artist's record in August (a few days before ours) and so I can't say the title yet. It's one of my favorite ZOE songs in a while. So far we are really excited about all the songs we've done. I'm looking forward to hearing some mixes soon.

Tomorrow we're back at it right after lunch. Songs on the agenda tomorrow include "You Are God Alone" and maybe "You Never Let Go" or "Be Praised" (a new song written by my buddy, George Rowe).

Kyler is leading worship in the morning. It's a good thing because I am not sure what my voice would sound like. It's his first time to do the entire morning by himself. I know he'll do a great job!

Last week I went to a lunch with all the folks who work with cruise ship entertainment for Gary Musick. Again I was impressed to hear them reiterate their mission for quality in entertainment and production. What a great group of people and an awesome company! It's been fun to be associated with them. Here's a picture from our lunch... the guy on the far left is Dave Patton. He was the creative director and genius behind many of the old Opryland shows. It's cool to see how that creativity has been taken to this genre. And, Gary was there but he is behind the camera!

4 comments:

Tim Castle said...

YAY! I'll finally have an arrangement of "Be Lifted High" to use. I've been threatening to come up with one for months, but never could work up the nerve.

Glad the recording is going well. I'm praying for you guys!

Amy Boone said...

I LOVE "Be Lifted High"! I love that whole album. I think my favorite is "Come See". Oh my.... amazing....

Rob Cox said...

Brandon,

I love the song you can't name! Clarissa and I were huddled around the computer singing while Finale was playing it.

I think this recording project is going to be a real blessing to a lot of people.

Rob

Keith Brenton said...

Ain't George a blessing?

Tell him that Pleasant Valley misses him, would ya?

And know that our prayers follow your progress with the new album.