Monday, June 11, 2007

There's so much to say about the weekend...such an awesome time with ZOE and with friends in Orlando. The conference went well. Bret and his crew did a fantastic job. We all enjoyed being there and felt great about the weekend. However, I really missed Stephen being there.

There were lots of highlights for me. One was seeing Tim and Darcy Chapman...old ACU friends. Darcy and I were Sing Song hosts together. They are such amazing people. Tim kept me on the edge of my seat with stories of his visit to Africa to see our mutual friends, Randy and Kellie Vaughn. I was dying.

Another high moment was spending time with my buddy Rich Smith. He and I got there early Thursday to work on our worship leader's track. We also spent part of the day at Disney thanks to our favorite Disney employee, Charles! Thanks, brother!

Sunday morning we led worship at both services--the first was acapella and the second was with their worship band. Those guys were great--almost as good as our Otter Creek band :)

Finally, on the way home I sat with Jason McArthur, Amy Westerman and my mom and we had such a fun spiritual conversation. I always love the trips home because we get in these engaging debates. Jason is one of my all-time favorite people to talk to. He's not only one of the funniest people I know, he also knows scripture better than almost anyone I've met besides John Willis.

I'll have more pictures to post in a few days, but here are a few from the weekend--


Rich Smith and I went to Animal Kingdom first and then Epcot. While at Animal Kingdom, I saw the new Nemo show. My old friend, Juan, is in it. He was the lead in the Tarzan show that closed last January. He was great in Nemo, but it didn't feature him like Tarzan did. It was fun to see him though.


Sheryl and Darcy--Darcy and I were Sing Song hosts together back in the day at ACU. Darcy and Sheryl are both from Michigan and go waaaay back. in fact, I met Sheryl through Darcy.


Sheryl, me, Darcy and Tim--great friends!


Rich, my mom, Sally Gary and me. I was so glad my mom got to come and of course, it's always a pleasure to see Sally. Behind us is the lovely drawing that Jack and Jill Maxwell did during the conference.

More pics soon...

4 comments:

Clarissa said...

Uuuuuhhhh ... did you and Rich PLAN those outfits??
:-)
Glad it was a good trip.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

I know---hilarious. He walked off the plane and I looked at him and started laughing. We couldn't have been more matchy. Ridiculous.

Beaner said...

Who knew that Camo shorts were so "in" these days? I, for one, get ALL my fashion expertise from this site!!! (Tee! Hee!) Now I know what to get my husband for Father's Day!!!!!

Katherine said...

John Willis is like Yoda :)