Tuesday, January 17, 2006

This morning we all overslept. It started the day in a chaotic way...but almost funny with everyone running around the house like mad men. Being a part of a family is fun.

It's raining cats and dogs here. I just wish it was snow. If it's going to be cold, in my opinion, it might as well snow so we can have something to look at. I am definitely a summer guy.

We're preparing for the West Coast ZOE conference this weekend. I always love--LOVE--going to Fresno. The people there are absolutely golden. They put the Love in tender loving care. I was telling a couple of the team members last night at rehearsal what a treat they're in for. I also like it because it's a somewhat smaller conference than the Nashville one. It's easier to visit with people and not quite so crazy.

Still waiting on Stephanie Bailey. Where's that BABY?????

Thank you for your continued prayers for Shannon Zachary. I'll keep you posted. Shannon and her husband, Mark, are believers and trust in God's power to get them through this. Isn't it neat as adults to talk about matters of faith with people you grew up with but never really went to church with or talked about Jesus with? There are a handful of friends from High School (Wylie Abilene) I even still keep up with. I mean--I am about to face my 20 year reunion in 2 summers. UGH! But it always makes me feel so good to know how God has directed and guided the lives of friends from so long ago. Shannon and I started together around 1st grade and have been friends ever since. That's about 30 years. It's really an honor to get to pray for Shannon and her family. Thank you for joining me. Her surgery is this morning.

Have a great Tuesday, everyone!

4 comments:

Tim Castle said...

Praying for you and all of the speakers and leaders for the weekend. Nina and I are planning on being there, but that may change, due to some family stuff. It may be just me.

But with or without us there, I expect God to pour out great blessings on you and those attending.

Thurman8er said...

Low to mid 50's forecast for the weekend, my friend. Not exactly "summery" but not too cold either.

I look forward to you guys coming as well. We eat GOOD when we have guests!

Karen said...

I'm definitely looking forward to being there. We've only been out here on the left coast for 7 months, and I've only been as far south as San Jose (the airport).

(I also want to see JV and find out how his folks are doing... we grew up in the same congregation in Sikeston, Missouri.)

Phil said...

BST,

Can you wish for me to have a million dollars? Your wish for snow came true...