Friday, January 20, 2006

The conference got kicked off with a bang. It's always great to see so many old friends!

Speaking of old friends--please remain in prayer for Russell Heil and his two small children. His wife, Kari Leigh Heil, lost her battle with the disease of depression on Tuesday of this week. Kari was a bright light and had done some choreography for me when I directed the Hosts and Hostesses for ACU's Sing Song in the mid 90's. Russell is a pulpit minister in Mansfield, TX. I don't know when I have felt so compelled to pray night and day. I can barely keep my eyes open today because of not sleeping this week thinking about that family. I cannot fathom his pain. Will you join me in praying specifically for his peace and for the spiritual protection of those two precious children (5 and 6mo.) and Russ? Kari's funeral is tomorrow in Mansfield. Let's send our prayers and thoughts their way.

Russell's blog site is Faith @ Full Capacity. You can leave a comment of encouragement or prayer there.

4 comments:

Donna said...

Brandon, thank you for requesting prayers for the Heils from your blog family. He is here in Mansfield with us and we are all feeling the prayers!

Blessings,

Donna

Anonymous said...

Here is a link to the Fort Worth Star Telegram obit. there is also a guestbook to leave comment there. You may have to register.

Anonymous said...

http://www.legacy.com/DFW/Obituaries.asp?Page=Lifestory&PersonId=16396324

Thurman8er said...

Add my prayers too.

My brain is full from the day. My heart is full from the evening. Thank you, brother.