Sunday, September 04, 2005

We've had a good weekend. Sheryl is really sore, but recovering well. Her parents have been a great help and my mom too. Kiki spent the day with us yesterday helping me with the girls. Each night has ended with a laughter-filled game of "13". Even Sheryl played the first few hands last night.

We are so grateful for the many, many prayers. There have been churches praying for her healing and we are so thankful for the prayerful support. Please continue to pray. She still has a couple of procedures left--nothing major.

My brother-in-law, Fajta, has been writing some especially good blog entries about the hurricane and the situation we find ourselves in. Check out his link over there to the right.

So many of you are writing or calling with amazing stories of helping those so devastated. I feel like I am getting to live through you vicariously. Hopefully, we'll get to visit a shelter this week. I'm hoping that ZOE can travel to Louisiana to sing. Keep praying, Andrew! All you blog readers out there keep sharing your stories. It's such an encouragement to so many to show how we can take our light to those who are hurting.

This morning we are still in John 11. I know we'll have some folks with us who've lost homes or friends in the storm. I pray that the message of resurrection from our own spiritual death will be encouraging. Even in the midst of unbelief, there is hope. It's so hard to see though. The scenes from CNN and FOX are burned into my head. How long, O Lord? We need you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that Sheryl is home and feeling better. You guys have been on my mind and in my prayers. We've been so busy here feeding the displaced people from LA, MS, etc., but you've also been in my prayers. See you in about a month!

Drew Battistelli said...

Hope we can work out what I had in the email. It'd be totally a blessing if ya'll could do that.

Praying and amen to the question "how long O Lord?" We all want the pain, suffering, and hopelessness to go away!