Thursday, May 20, 2010

Chris and Mary

All of us are so excited about the arrival of Chris and Mary Clarke. Mary (Morse) is my cousin. She and her 2 brothers were more like my siblings growing up. We spent a lot of time with the Morse family...holidays together, road trips, vacations etc. They are my siblings. Our families know what it's like to live life together--the good, the bad, and the ugly. Most of my childhood family memories involve them and playing endlessly. One Christmas, Josh and Jeremy and I watched "The Empire Strikes Back" LITERALLY 17 times in one day. I don't know that I've ever been able to watch it again. Pretty sure I could still quote it from that one day though!

pictured here: L-R... Mary, Josh, me, Jeremy

Several years ago, Mary met a wonderful English guy by the name of Chris Clarke who was a professional soccer player for the Dallas team. He fits perfectly into our family. Chris is hilarious, great with kids, and an overall incredible guy. I always wondered if there would be someone good enough for Mary. We were so excited that she found Chris!

They were scheduled to fly in last weekend but all flights from DFW were cancelled because of weather. When I told the kids it was as if someone suddenly turned on a switch for uncontrolled crying. I know this is kind of mean, but I thought it was hilarious. It was just so instantaneous. Like...get ready....set...OK cry NOW! Waaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!

Maddie drew this picture to send them and I decided to take a picture of them crying to text them...just to turn the knife a bit. :) Well, not to be stopped, they immediately re-booked their tickets for this weekend. YAY!! They will be celebrating their anniversary with us!

Sam has been practicing his soccer moves, Maddie has been obsessing over how clean her room is for them and Ella asks me several times a day, "How much longer until Chris and Mary get here??"

Chris and Mary--we can't wait to see you! And, we're praying for NO cancelled flights!

No comments: