Friday, February 23, 2007


Our big news yesterday...Ella's glasses came in! She is very proud of them. (And we are working to convince her to STAY proud of them...) She came to Otter and showed everyone in the office. I have to say that I was in complete amazement at how corrective they are. Poor ol' girl. She said, "Yeah, daddy! I can see things!" Bless.

Our friend, Amanda, called us Wednesday and invited us to a CMT taping of Crossroads at the Ryman with Reba McEntire and Kelly Clarkson. Well, Caroline Martin had asked me Sunday if she could give Sheryl and me a night out this week. It was so sweet..thank you, Caroline! So, we said an enthusiastic "YES!!"

We met at Amanda's house to eat and ride together. Geof's (Amanda's husband) birthday was this week and he is into bicycle racing. He got a lovely, very aerodynamic helmet for his birthday. We were rolling at Sheryl acting out the Citibank commercial...


Sheryl sports Geof's new helmet. ("Need rewards faster?")

We made it to the Ryman and found our seats--great floor seats! All the TV techies were running around and the room was charged!


Sheryl and me at the Ryman


L-R Amanda, Sheryl, me and Lea at the Ryman

We had SUCH a blast! Reba and Kelly were AWESOME!! Kelly Clarkson's voice just floored me. They sang each other's hit songs and had to re-sing a few for taping. The audience didn't mind at all. It was so much fun--we all danced and screamed and acted like we were 20 again.

They sang Kelly's hit, "Because of You" and Reba had to stop at the end and compose herself. She was obviously moved. They also completely rocked out singing "Since U Been Gone". I wondered if they'd sing Reba's song, "Fancy". (I confess, I do NOT like that song.) They did this incredible rock version of it. It was so fun. They ended the night with it.

Thanks to Amanda for the tickets! We laughed, we cried, it truly WAS better than CATS. (not that it takes much...) :)

5 comments:

Beaner said...

Kelly's 'Because of You' chokes me up every time too!

Do you know when that episode will air? I'd like to see that one. (Confession - I kinda like 'Fancy'!)

Amanda Brooks said...

We are holding this episode until 4th Quarter. Most likely November or December.

Wendy Power said...

I didn't think it was possible for Ella to be cuter, but I was wrong.

Beaner said...

Amanda - thanks for the info. (but that's a bummer to have to wait that long!)

BTW - Ella looks VERY cute! Glasses are STILL cool to me! (Just don't have her ever get "photogrey" lenses - you know, the ones that change into sunglasses when you go outside? Yeah - I was so embarrased when we had to go outside for a fire drill & I'd come back inside & my glasses were still dark. And I was in Junior High. (dork!)

Clarissa said...

Your Ella looks a LOT like our Chloe, especially with that expression. You had said as much one time, but this picture really proves it. I'll send you a link to one of Chloe with that expression.