Monday, February 07, 2005

Last night we celebrated the Super Bowl with the Williamsons (Jr and Sr!). It was a blast. We did a lot more talking and laughing than watching, but it was really fun.

We went to the Williamson County Rec Center today to take the girls for a swim. OK, let me just say that 82 degrees may sound warm (that's how "warm" the water was), but brother, let me tell you--it aint. Maddie through chattering teeth said to me at one point, "I'm so exxxxccccciiitttted!" They had a blast. I lost about 156,987 brain cells from the frigid conditions. Sydney and Jack Williamson joined us, along with Sarah, of course. We all had a lot of fun. It made us even more ready for Summer!

We had dinner tonight at my mom's house. The girls always have a lot of fun over there. Maddie was introduced to the idea of a "sleepover" at Nonnie's. One day soon, we'll try it.

It's a really busy week. More praise team meetings, much planning left to do for Abilene, work on the upcoming recording, plus managing my time around the office. The thing that I don't like about weeks that are so busy coming into them is that I feel less able to be there for the emotional needs that seem to always rise up. With 70+ people involved in this ministry, there's always something going on. I just want to be able to be what I need to be this week and not lost in "tasks".

I pray your Monday was good. It's so rainy here. Makes me want to just crawl in bed and sleep or watch a movie for the rest of the week. Seriously...maybe I will!

3 comments:

k2 said...

what a nice problem to have. 70 members of the praise team ministry. maybe one day port city will have that problem.

i think that i would like to live in a city like nashville where there is such a great history of church. maybe even in franklin, where hallal has relocated.

i would have to choose which one of the churches to attend, instead of going to the one church that is not stuck in the mud here in LA.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Actually, it's a wonderful "problem". I have the most gifted people in my ministry. It's a blessing. However, being in the Bible belt and church saturated Nashville isn't the best thing. Where you have that you usually find the problems of being steeped in religion. We have a lot of that in Nashville. You also find people who have lost interest in the Church because they see how it's become a Garden Club or Kiwanis Club meeting to mosrt people...more of a social thing than a way of life. Ever place has its own issues. We're no different.

k2 said...

i can remember using the church as a social club myself. i'm not much better now, but i feel that i have grown enough to use it for what it is. a sanctuary. a place to worship God the Father with all my heart, and not worry about the person next to me not liking what i am or am not doing. i love praising God for all that He has done for me. however, i wish i could break my fear of rejection and share Him and His Son's gift with others. i wait for that day with open arms. i just need to take that next step, and do in my neighborhood what i have learned to do in worship at the church building.