Sunday, February 13, 2005

I live in Flu-ville. Seriously. This stuff is nasty. I have managed, through the grace of God, to not be hit yet. However, it's been a long week for Sheryl and the girls. Today is day 6 of fever and flu stuff. Yesterday morning Maddie was at 103 and Ella at 104. Bless their hearts--they haven't wanted to eat or anything and when they do, it's about time to take more medicine which means whatever they ate is coming back to visit. Sorry for that imagery.

Last night as Sheryl was laying in bed, Sam was making his presence known (baby Sam, I should point out). I leaned over and started talking to him and I would say, "Give me a kick, Sam!!" And he would. This went on several times. It was funny.

Thank you to everyone who left comments over the last few days. Is it just me, or does there seem to be a real need to talk about some of these things? The thing I thought was so cool was that both sides seemed to struggle to express their convictions, feelings, etc, while showing a spirit of love (mostly). Thank you.

We have so much to learn about doing what Brian McLaren calls "the dance". I've added McLaren's spot to the links. Check it out. If you haven't read any of his writing, please do. He was our guest resource for the ZOE workshop last year.

This morning we start a series on the book of John. I know it will be good. Here's our order of worship for today:

Welcome-Tim Woodroof
Family Prayer--Chad Milom/ Matt Miller
Meet and greet

Praise and Worship--BST
--Joyful Joyful We Adore Thee
Reading from John 1
--O For A Thousand Tongues
--Holy Ground Medley

Teaching--Tim Woodroof
--Here I am To Worship
--We Fall Down
--Lord We Come Before Thee Now

Teaching--Tim Woodroof
--All Who Are Thirsty

Supper/ Offering--John Webb

Shepherd's Close--Jim Butler
--On Zion's Glorious Summit

6 comments:

Thurman8er said...

Brandon, you are SO right about the discourse that went on here. I read all of it, thought about posting a couple of times, and decided I would rather read what others wrote and try to educate myself. There was a lot of love, and frustration, and anger, and tears, and sharing...and if that isn't proof that the body of Christ is a family, I don't know what is. I am amazed at the courage of some of those who posted comments and after all was said and done, the only thing I found myself hoping for was to see EVERYONE here again. The table is big and the food is good. Thanks to everyone for their bravery and their truth.

Steve

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

let me say first..God's grace is good. Having said that, I am down for the count. Looks like I might not have been able to dodge this sickness we're passing around.

This moring at first service I asked people to raise their hands if they or one of their family members was currently sick. I think it had to have been about 87%--and that is conservative. I wanted to pull a Howard Hughes and spray them all with Lysol. It's terrible here. Schools are closing, attendance to events is down, everyone seems to be sick.

Word to the wise (or un-wise in this case)--if you're ill, PLEASE STAY HOME!!! That includes me.

Brandon Scott Thomas said...

Oh--and, I completely agree with Steven. There's plenty of room for everyone at this blog table. I promise...I'll wash my hands first.

Anonymous said...

Hey, this has nothing to do with what you said, but I would love for ZOE Group to sing this song on your new CD. You don't have to but I love this song. It's called In Christ Alone by Newsboys. You don't have to use it at all, but the words are great. Thanks anyway.

SG said...

Get better BST & Family! Hope you are all better for the big Abilene trip.

I just read the last few days of posts and comments. WOW! This blog is a wonderful thing. I am so glad there is a medium where we can question eachother from love and concern and learn from each other. Phil so eloquently asked the questions I would have asked. Brian so bravely and lovingly answered. I have no idea where to go with all of this but, I like the fact that we can talk about it somewhere without fear of bashing or boasting. God bless all of you! ... Happy Valentines Day!

Dwiggy444 said...

Brandon - how did you manage to get my wife and I sick all the way from Tennessee?

I guess we need to broaden our definition of a computer virus!